Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

What are we going to do about Sky not upgrading us from Connect?

This is a discussion on What are we going to do about Sky not upgrading us from Connect? within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; I've been waiting since 26th Jan which my bt order tracker indicated was the date LLU was applied for. Looking ...

gary g is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Runcorn Main
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: What are we going to do about Sky not upgrading us from Connect?

I've been waiting since 26th Jan which my bt order tracker indicated was the date LLU was applied for. Looking on prodigy networks, its obvious nothing has happened. I have rang sky and they e mailed whoever they do, and was told wait a few days for an e mail confirming the switch over date. That was 2 weeks and 1 week respectively. Guess we are been taken for a ride??????????? If they would only tell us its not going to happen till such and such a date at least we would know where we stand.

I read on hear something about 3rd March (today) being an "update" day, anybody heard anything?

2. Advertisement
      Jollop is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Leyland
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I rang up yesterday. The first call led to me being transferred twice before speaking to a guy who said he couldn't help me - but if I rang 01506 421 266 they would help me out.

So I rang that and the number is not used any more. Quality.

So I rang again and got passed to what I assume was a foreign call centre? Got transferred only once this time and spoke to a very nice lady (again) who helped me reset my sky password (why for 3 months theyve kept trying to send me the password by mail that I never get when they could have just reset it for me in 10 minutes is a mystery but hey-ho, welcome to sky!). Its a little more complicated than that actually I'd never logged in so hadn't set a security question and that's what they set to allow me to change my password.

Anyhoo I'm waffling

Onto the topic:

This lady told me she could see that there is a problem with the order, that they are aware of it and that I just have to trust them that they will resolve it as soon as they can. And when they do they'll let me know.

Was quite funny actually how she said "yes thats not a problem I'll check where we are up to with that, give me one second ... oh ... right ... can i put you on hold while I just talk to someone about this". I knew as soon as she opened her optimistic mouth it wouldn't last.

And in the meantime (because the 5 for connect offer is only open to people that are due to be unbundled and not for people whos exchanges have already been unbundled - they can go on Mid) I'm still paying 17/month.

I would phone up and kick off about that but I'm really struggling to be bothered. Wasted far too much energy on this mass of incompetance that is Sky CS already.

Mr_Phoney is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: SSBWD Barnwood
      Broadband ISP: Sky Mid
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

called sky customer services requesting cheaper package, initially told all sorts of waffle why not possible. Not able to give reduction, not able to give compensation, have to write in.
      Asked to speak to supervisor, on hold for a while waiting to be put through. Finally got put through.
      Told they dont have any idea when I will switched neither days/weeks/months, it will be done as a group along with many others on the same exchange. I could request they do it individually, however I was told/warned there would be a risk of a TEMPORARY DISRUPTION to service, (His words were "whatever temporary means to me" he wouldn't again give any idea if that meant hours/days/months!!!! I did try explaining they were supposed to be the experts and so should know rather than expecting me to take a risk of unspecified disruption, he was having none of it.)
      Told me I was on the connect package and I had to pay for that package until switched he wasn't able to offer any reduction from 17.
      I also quoted the original email promising to be switched as soon as the area goes live on the network.
      He just quoted my area wasn't live yet for customers who were already on connect, but did admit that new customers could go straight on the MID package.

"Dear Mr XXXXXXXXX

Thank you for registering your interest in Sky Broadband. We are currently rolling out our state-of-the art network across the country, but your area won't become live for the next few months. Until then, we'd like to offer you Sky Broadband Connect which we have developed for areas not yet on our network. It runs at speeds of up to 8Mb and at 17 per month is cheaper than the equivalent BT product and you'll get all the other great benefits that come with all Sky Broadband products. Plus as soon as your area goes live on our network we'll switch you to our Mid broadband product. " (Received Wed 23/08/2006 15:31)

angstmann is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Spennymoor, Co. Durham
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Well I have just got off the phone to Sky, trying to upgrade from Connect to Max... got a very good person on the phone who explained the situation to me. They could have changed me there and then to Max, or at least put the order through, but they are encouraging people to wait, as there are bulk migrations planned although they couldn't give me a date of course.

Apparently individual upgrades could result in a loss of broadband for a certain length of time, and a bulk migration at some point in the future shouldn't result in any loss of service. Whether this is to be believed or not, I don't know. I could have taken the risk and gone ahead with an upgrade, but at this moment in time I decided against it. I will wait a while and see if I hear anything from Sky. I was told I would be contacted and asked if I want to upgrade from the Connect package... however I believe several other people have been told this on this forum, and are yet to hear anything!

Fortunately I am on the 5 a month version of the Connect package, otherwise I would be pretty annoyed!

gurvy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Great Barr
      Broadband ISP: Max - 14MB - ADSL2
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I was upgraded to the max package from connect on the 7th March. I had no loss of service what so ever, only thing I noticed was that the router rebooted itself. At first I was capped at 8mb and put onto gmdt but after a call to tier 3 they happily put me onto adsl2 and my connection is at 12MB. Makes hell of alot of difference.

I think it all depends on who you get through too, some agents are happy to tell you what they have been told to say while others will go that extra bit further in helping you.

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

How long before you noticed that you had been switched. IE. how long did it take from your request, to actually being switched over?

I did wonder if they were just being overcautious. Hmm, I may reconsider then and give them a call back and just ask them to go ahead with it

It did surprise me that I was actually wanting to pay them 5 more a month extra, and they were saying no! Very unlike Sky!

gurvy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Great Barr
      Broadband ISP: Max - 14MB - ADSL2
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

My exchange was unbundled on the 21st Dec so it took me from that time to the 26th Feb where I got through to a decent agent to put in an order for me. At first the order was delay by a week cos of BT but sky told me it will only be a weeks delay and I should be switched on the 7th March. So on the 7th I just waited for something to change, eg my router stats etc. But when I noticed my router rebooting then checking my stats I knew I was transferred.

But before the 26th Feb I made numerous phonecalls like others where I got nowhere.
      Last edited by gurvy; 09-03-07 at 05:42 PM. Reason: extra info

Mr_Phoney is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: SSBWD Barnwood
      Broadband ISP: Sky Mid
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

Further to previous post and Sky customer service flat refusal to do anything other than tell me to wait, I had sent a complaint to james.murdoch and had the favourable reply below.

""Ref: XXXXXXX

Dear Mr XXXXXXXX

Customer Account Number: XXXXXXXXXXXX

Thanks for your email below addressed to James Murdoch, which has been passed for my attention.

First of all, I'd like to apologise for the problems you've experienced since signing up with Sky Broadband and Sky Talk, and I'm sorry that you feel let down by us. Please allow me this opportunity to respond.

At the moment, even though a customer's exchange has been updated with our network, if a customer is on our Connect package we're not in a position to transfer them onto our network. We are working on doing this and this will be done in bulk at some point in the future. When we have changed you over we'll contact you in writing and let you know this has been done. You'll be automatically changed over to the Mid package and you'll have a month to let us know if you would prefer a different package.

Please allow me to explain that the process of migrating customers from our ADSL service, ie Connect, to our unbundled packages is more complicated than providing a new broadband order. I understand your frustration that your exchange has been unbundled since you joined us on Connect however, we're not in a position to put you onto Base, Mid or Max.

Nevertheless, as you know we've recently launched a promotion whereby customers who are on Connect but their exchange has either already been unbundled or will be unbundled before 1 July 2007 can receive the Connect package at 5 a month. So, I've put you onto this promotion and from now on you will receive Connect at 5 instead of 17 a month. Once the process is in place to migrate you onto our packages, we'll send you a letter.

We want all our customers to receive the best service possible and I'm sorry that we've let you down in this instance. In view of the time and trouble you've taken, I've applied a viewing credit of 20 to your Sky account with my compliments.

Finally Mr xxxxxxxx, I'd like to thank you for your patience and kind understanding. If you've any further concerns, please feel free to contact me on the above email address.

Kind regards

Sheila Heeps
      Customer Relations ""

StHConnect is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: St Helens
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Thanks for posting that Mr Phoney. I'd expected to be transferred too after phoning a few times, but like a few others on here, they've only reduced my payments to 5 from 17. That's good, I suppose, but we're still stuck with shaping and no choice to upgrade to Max. This is what you get for having faith in a company that pretends to care about its customers.

Y'know, I knew from the beginning that Sky don't really give a toss. When my digibox arrived there was no remote. The installation bloke said that it'd be delivered in a few days. After a few days when there was no sign of it I tried ringing the various 'customer support' numbers but I got sick of the queues and I went down to Comet and bought one. They're great at churning out publicity and promotions but once they've got you you're screwed.

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Much as that is a very nice reply to your complaint... I just cant understand why they cant move people over. I agree that it probably is complex, but is it ever going to be less complex? I doubt it. They cant put off migrations indefinitely, and I would have thought they would have wanted people off BT and onto their own network as fast as they can... not to metion the potential revenue they are missing out on, all those 5 a month extra payents for customers wanting to move to Max.

I guess we are all playing the waiting game... and I dont suppose individual complaints will help in this instance.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast