Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

What are we going to do about Sky not upgrading us from Connect?

This is a discussion on What are we going to do about Sky not upgrading us from Connect? within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; good points jollop. we still don't have a confirmed upgrade from connect despite many people that have been told that ...

simonh is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: EMBURTO
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: What are we going to do about Sky not upgrading us from Connect?

good points jollop. we still don't have a confirmed upgrade from connect despite
      many people that have been told that it has happened.

2. Advertisement
      gurvy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Great Barr
      Broadband ISP: Max - 14MB - ADSL2
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

quick update- nothing was shown on the bt tracker so I rang sky on friday and they said there was a delay in the order, which i half expected. But today received a letter saying that my line should be activated onto the max package on the 30th March. It also stated that I should expect a delivery of the sky broadband box? again? already got one!! maybe its just a standard letter they sent. 4 weeks away....

Restorer is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

After waiting 4 months to get upgraded I finally saw this on the BT Tracker.

Placed 20 Feb 2007
      Description CHANGE
      Appointment No date yet
      Date due 20 Feb 2007
      Status Order completed
      Last update 20 Feb 2007
      Notes Your order has been completed.

Items in this order
      Description Product name Quantity Cost Rental
      PROVIDE LLU LINE SHARE PSTN 1 0.0 0.0
      CEASE BT IPSTREAM MAX 1 0.0 0.0

However I am convinced nothing has happened and I am still on BT IPstream - especially as I understand it takes 3 days and not 1 as stated to complete the work.

StHConnect is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: St Helens
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I rang again to find out if I'm being transferred from Connect to Mid. It was confirmed that this is going to happen and that the charge has already been reduced from 17 to 5. I want to go onto Max when this is done, even though my line only supports just over 4MB - for the sake of the 'unlimited' bandwidth. OK, I know that it isn't unlimited as such but it's got to be better than 40Gb (and the 'shaping' on Connect). There's no order number like I've seen quoted in other posts on here. I asked for one but he could only say that the change will take place sometime within the next week.

gurvy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Great Barr
      Broadband ISP: Max - 14MB - ADSL2
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Rite, I have received another letter from sky saying that my activation date has been brought forward to the 7th March and not 30th. It confirms this on the bt tracking order. ( PROVIDE LLU LINE SHARE PSTN ) Although it also says that on the 12th March it will cease BT IPStream Max...is this right? For it to cease 5 days after, I hope I don't get any conflicts!!

boab2791 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Lennoxtown (WSLEX)
      Broadband ISP: Talk Talk
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

For a lot of us who have had the Provide LLU and Cease BT IP stream MAx over the past couple of weeks with the same order placement and completion date is there anyway we can prove that we are still on the Connect Service as opposed to Mid, obviously if your are moved to MAX the user should be seeing their upstream increasing to 768kbps from 448kbps.

Any ideas on how we could prove we have not been moved.

Jollop is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Leyland
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Well you can try downloading from a torrent or a newsgroup and seeing how much your traffic is being shaped.

Or you can visit

Prodigy Networks

And see what that says:

"This line has a Shared Metalic Path Facility (SMPF) on it - either the broadband or phone service utilises an LLU service while BT provides the other service normally." - and you are on LLU

"This line has ADSL fully installed on it. There are no open orders currently on this line." - and you aren't.

I'm not sure if either will be enough to persuade sky into doing something other than telling you to wait until they are ready but they will certainly clear things up for yourself.

Thanks

My line reports it has ADSL fully installed on the line with no open orders, guess I'm going to have to call these guys, time to take my chill pills and count to 10 then before I call them!

Thanks

Well I took my chill pill and counted to 10, it still didnt help me though. I called Customer Services today and the agent at first couldn't grasp what I was saying. Eventually after speaking to a colleague she understood where I was coming from. She acknowledged that I apying 5 on Connect which she said is the same as Connect, I corrected her by saying that it isn't the same at all. One is on BT and the other is on Sky's Network with differences in how the data throughput is arranged.

She advised that she couldn't carry out the move as this would involve ending my subscription and re-provisioning, which would be a while and see me without broadband, i have heard this all before.

She then mentioned, wait for the letter, I said I have been for 4 months!

She then advised someone has emailed someone about the "Move" but there appears no action on it. She said she would email again and someone will be in touch or I will get a letter withing the month! I won't be holding my breath.

There was on a order placed on my landline accoridng to BT for a Provide LLU and Cease IPStream but these occured on the 11th Feb with no drop out on my connection so I know I have not been moved over. Another way I have confirmed I have not been over is that my IP Profile is currently at 1500 and my connection is at 2880, another day to go before that comes back up to 2500, classic BT Max behaviour.

Had some weird issues on Sunday which I thought meant so action, my reasonably healthy noise margin of around 7.5 dipped to 2.5 and 0.5 resulting in a loss of connection to the internet but bizarrely the dsl line remained present. I use a Speedtouch 585 as well as I couldn't stomach the Netgear 834GT anymore.

So it is once again a big waiting game for the move, when and if!!!

Plusnet suck is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Well i think i now have a cease order placed on my line as there are no details yet on the BT website just an order placed with no dates, managed to get this done by talking to the SRT department directly, dont know yet how long i will be without broadband when it goes through but if this is the way to get on Max then so be it and i never did get the promised call back from tier 3 to the ticket that was opened

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast