Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

What are we going to do about Sky not upgrading us from Connect?

This is a discussion on What are we going to do about Sky not upgrading us from Connect? within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; The agent goes to their Sales Folder, Change Subscription, Hits Next a few times, Goes to Broadband section, Up pops ...

SLYBROADBAND is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: What are we going to do about Sky not upgrading us from Connect?

The agent goes to their Sales Folder, Change Subscription, Hits Next a few times, Goes to Broadband section, Up pops BASE MID MAX if you are LLU, if you arn't LLU nothing will appear. If the 3 packages pop up the cust can normally be changed over.

When the exchange is LLU, sky does not always inform its customers or change them over.

Previous post said this had been done but then the transfer from Connect to MID had failed, this may be true, the equipment installed at exchange may not have had the capacity to support everyone who uses that exchange, but its still worth a try.

Cust services no. is 08702 40 40 40

2. Advertisement
      gurvy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Great Barr
      Broadband ISP: Max - 14MB - ADSL2
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I see at the moment I am paying 5 despite the fact I want to go onto the MAX package. but will have another go and see what they say. Thanks for the info.

SLYBROADBAND is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Good luck!

Though they will prpbably tell you that because you are on Mid-Net it will be a few months more.

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

right just called sky cs on the 08702 404040 number chose option 1,1,1 then 5 and i was answered within 3 seconds. Spoke to a nice guy and conversation went like this:

Me: Hi, I am currently on the connect package and would like to sign up for the MAX has my exchange has been unbundled.

Sky guy: Not a problem sir, I just have to check on my system if it is available can you confirm your personal details please.

Me: Confirmed details

Sky Guy: Yes you are correct sir the MAX package is available to you, would you like me to transfer you over from coonect onto MAX?

Me: Erm, YEH mate. But wait a sec I was told on the previous 4 occasions (when I rang the freefone number) that MAX wasn't available to me and I could be waiting for months.

Sky guy: Not at all sir, its available to you right now. I don't know why you were told the wrong info before. Shall I put your order through?

Me: HELL YEH!!

Sky guy: Ok the order has been put through to transfer you to the MAX package from Connect. The cost will be 10 a month and the max package will take effect within 72 hours. If after this time you notice nothing has happened, then please give us a call back.

Me: Thanks you very much for your help

So after all this it took a call to the paid customer service telephone number to get an order placed for MAX. Got my fingers crossed till this saturday, please BT don't screw it up for me!!!

Thanks again for your help SLYBROADBAND!

simonh is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: EMBURTO
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

gurvy: I already tried that. got exactly the same confident reply. problem is 72 hours will turn into 10 days, which will turn into about 3 weeks, which will turn into you being transfered to cs who will tell you to wait for a letter as to when you can upgrade.

Hopefully I am wrong and it all goes smoothly. Let us know.

StHConnect is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: St Helens
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I've just rang customer services and I've been told that I'll be switched from Connect to Mid as of today (after explaining that my exchange has been LLUd for a few months). I'll post here again if it actually happens.

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

thanks simonh will let you know what happens, this was never offered to me before so im hoping its first time lucky.

boab2791 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Lennoxtown (WSLEX)
      Broadband ISP: Talk Talk
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

I'll give it a try tomorrow as there probably won't be many CS Reps anwering phones at this time of night. I'm not that bothered as I pay 5 per month now but all the same think I would prefer to be over on their network and if I get hit with no capacity I'll will go mental since I should have been moved over back in November 2006, Sky really have dropped the ball here.

simonh is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: EMBURTO
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

here is my current situation:

1st feb: guy from sky customer relations emails me to tell me that he has personally placed a cease on my line and will then order max for me.

13th feb: order shows on landline tracker. clearly failed as order is completed on same day

19th feb: get reply from cr bloke after i email him telling him about above. apologises and tells me he will try again.

21st feb (today): have zero confidence in anyone at sky to get anything resolved.

Jollop is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Leyland
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Hi all.

This is my first post on this subject although I've been hanging around for about a month now (Since I was told the switch over would happen in 48 hours that went to a week that went to we don't know when).

I'm in the same boat as many others here with the order appearing and being completed on the same day (13th Feb). Seems a lot of them were done about this time despite the actual orders being placed on many different dates?

Anyway, SLYBROADBAND, I'm not trying to attack you or anything but I've spoke to numerous people on the telephone who have been just as confident as you that things are going to go through smoothly. The fact is, just because you perform an action on your computer that is supposed to make things happen it doesn't mean that those things actually happen.

Maybe you are right and maybe we are the unlucky ones or maybe you are just as deluded as all the other agents who have assumed that somethig is going to happen that hasn't.

FWIW i should also mention that the last lady I spoke to tried to switch me to the 5 connect deal and couldn't. She said that they had stopped offering it now to people whos exchanges were not on the schedule to be unbundled however that didnt make sense as my exchange already is unbundled. So I'm now stuck paying 17 / month with no idea when I'm going to be switched. Nice lady, tried so very hard to be helpful but ultimately totally useless (as is usually the case).

Also, I still havent even got my sky account password because I'm not receiving any mail from you guys. This is another thing that is dealt with with the utmost confidence at your end that the agent presses a button and the letter is sent. well it's quite obviously not unless my local post office are repeatedly stealing my sky account password and leaving all my other mail.

This problem has been escalated fwiw. Wass escalated over a month ago but I'm still not getting the mail through.

Phew that got long

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast