Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

What are we going to do about Sky not upgrading us from Connect?

This is a discussion on What are we going to do about Sky not upgrading us from Connect? within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; i have never had any problem with download speeds whether torrent or newsgroups, all i am going on is the ...

Plusnet suck is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: What are we going to do about Sky not upgrading us from Connect?

i have never had any problem with download speeds whether torrent or newsgroups, all i am going on is the BT order tracker which says

Order reference *******
      Placed 12 Feb 2007
      Description CHANGE
      Appointment No date yet
      Date due 12 Feb 2007
      Status Order completed
      Last update 12 Feb 2007
      Notes Your order has been completed.

Description Product name Quantity Cost Rental
      PROVIDE LLU LINE SHARE PSTN 1 0.0 0.0
      CEASE BT IPSTREAM MAX 1 0.0 0.0

as i said earlier just waiting for tier 3 to ring me

2. Advertisement
      NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

^^^ your order has failed or been rejected, it physically takes minimum 3 days to do the above job.

~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Follow us on Twitter @skyuser

Josh01 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Tilehurst
      Broadband ISP: Be Unlimited
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by simonh View Post
      I can't speak for anyone else Alan_b but my problem is that I want an unlimited account and the traffic shaping on connect severely limits my downloading habits. I've always had unlimited and it was my understanding that my exchange would be unbundled within a few months of signing up. That happened in December but here we are six weeks later, and I'm still on connect.
      I understand that there are many people who are quite happy with 40gb allowance per month but I'm not one of them.
      What angers me is skys attitude and the outrageous lies they tell to get me off the phone. I have been told five or six times that the upgrade has gone ahead. I have been told to wait for a letter. I have been told that my exchange has not yet been unbundled. I have been told I have a child lock on my phone line. I have been told that if I'm not happy they will cancel my account (they couldn't even do that right!). I have been told I need to dial a different number then select option 1 then option 6, only to find out there are only 5 options. I could go on.
      I accepted the connect package as a temporary measure. How long should I wait? Sky owe an explanation whether you are happy with connect or not. That would have kept me for one happy (provided I had an option to cancel sky broadband if I judged the delay too long).
      Sorry to spoil your fun but there is no such thing as unlimited. On the max service although they say unlimited they then bring in the FUP, I am very sure that if u go above 250gigs in the month you will be caped and find your speeds at peak times 128Kbs (ISDN). It could be 350gb but definatly no more. Also due to a lot of people downloading very large amounts during peak times thats why we all pay the price does not matter ADSL MAX or LLU. Traffic shapping is here to stay

NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

thats why we all pay the price does not matter ADSL MAX or LLU.
      I would disagree, because of the fact that Sky are upgrading exchanges to LLU, then they do not need to traffic shape on LLU.

The cost benefits to the ISP are enormous ie they save not having to pay BT for rental and data shiftage. The ISP that does not offer LLU is the ISP that will go bust.

Sky have an unlimited budget for their network, they want it to be the best network in the whole of Europe. They can afford to let us shift 250gb per month, try doing that on another ISP - No way is it cost efficient.

~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Follow us on Twitter @skyuser

SLYBROADBAND is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I am a SKY Customer service agent. If you can get ONNET- BASE MID or MAX in your exchange and we havent switched you over why dont you just phone cust services and ask to be changed form connect to mid.

I do that for customers all the time, takes about 30 secs. Its just a matter of changing their subscription.

If it sounds like you are talking to a muppet, hang up and phone back in the hope of getting someone else who doesnt follow the rules to the letter and has a bit of a conscience.

Despite your frustration and anger at Sky, (and believe me i understand it is deserved)if you want something done, try not to take it our on the agent, be smart, nobody wants to listen to someone attacking them and screaming at them, who wants to help someone who is verbally abusing them. Take a deep breath and a valium.

Also -
      DO NOT ASK FOR A SUPERVISOR - you will get nowhere fast!

They know less than the Agent, as they do not take calls and are not clued in on the technology, their job is NOT Sky Broadband as most customers seem to think, its people management, they manage their team of agents and are not there to talk to custs about Broadband. Their job is to monitor average call duration for their team and motivate their team to make each call last 3 minutes! bizarre.

They are not trained on the internal system or Broadband. A supervisor will talk to you, (possibly hang up on you, they are not ther to listen to customers, and are allowed to hang up if they dont like your tone) and after the call the agent will have to do whatever you have requested as they wouldnt know where to start.

boab2791 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Lennoxtown (WSLEX)
      Broadband ISP: Talk Talk
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Thanks

@Slybroadband

But it isn't just a change of subscription, its a physical change required at the exchange to transfer the Broadband service from BT's equipment over to Sky's equipment. We all been told repeatedly that we will done automatically and the agents hands are tied. I have been told if the agent was to request this my broadband service would be cancelled and re-provisioned to LLU. That would take a few weeks to happen.

I appreciate what you saying, also from what I understand changes to/from Base/Mid/Max are quicker because it is a profile change or something that is made to the account hence no apparent downtime.

It would seem Sky have requested my account be transferred to LLU but the order was placed and completed the saem day without my line dropping, I suspect as others do that for some reason the order failed. If you saying you can do all this then can you check my account out to see when LLU migration will be actioned?

Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

If the equipment for LLU has been installed at your exchange, and sky have not automatically switched you over from connect then the agent can change your subscription to base mid or max then and there.

However if you are on connect and the equipment for the LLU ONNET BASE MID MAX has NOT been installed at your exchange then yes you do have to wait for the equipment to be installed, and thereis nothing we can do o chacnge that.

Just because you havent AUTOMATICALLY been switched over by sky does not mean that its not possible. Alot of people phone us to enquire about being changed over. Sometimes the equipment has been installed at their exchange but they havent been switched over!!

If the equipment is in your exchange you have every right to phone and be changed to LLU packages.

The agent can check whether the system will let us change to ONNET, and if it will, it means the equipment is in your exchange. I dont know why sky delay the change in customers subscription, money probably.

boab2791 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Lennoxtown (WSLEX)
      Broadband ISP: Talk Talk
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Thanks

Sky equipement has been in my exchange since November 2006, every time I phone I am told they can't do it or have been told NOT to do it and we have to wait for the automatic transfer, another person on my exchange who uses these forums is in the same position as me. fortunately I have a rebate on my Connect service allowing me to pay 5 per month which is the same as the MID product, the problem with phoning up all the time is we wait for ages and ages to get to speak to someone and then we get equally frustrated when they say NO or haven't a clue what your talking about. How many times of putting the phone down and calling back do we need to to before we get someone who can do anything. If I phone right now I know what the response will be...WAIT! Last tike I called they said they was an error on my account and this would need to be investigated, haven't a clue what the error was though.

gurvy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Great Barr
      Broadband ISP: Max - 14MB - ADSL2
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

slybroadband, is that simple? I have spoken to numerous different people and everytime they say I have to wait and they personally can't do anything about it.
      btw I ring the following number 08000 512595 and choose option 1,6 then 5 to speak to a cs rep.

Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Sorry about that, but some lucky people are able to be switched over hassle free.

You are now on Mid-Net Status, that is a new thing were the customer is on a transition to the ONNET, it basically means you get Connect for the price of the MID 5 instead of 17. You are quite lucky then, most are still paying 17 for Connect. The download speed up to 8mbps and usuage 40GB is the same.

People who go on Mid-Net Status in April can expect their exchanges to be LLU in July/August. Well thats what ive been told anyway.

I dont understand why SKY dont completely change the way they run their call centres, they way it works is just daft. Tech is in the Philippines?! There is Tech in Belfast, Londonderry as well but I can never get through to them.

And are systems are about 15years old, we have to write with a pencil on a scrap of paper any requests for a MAC code or cancellations, new routers to give to team leaders to email relevant dept etc..
      Who knows how many scraps of paper are lying around and never get conpleted.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast