Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

What are we going to do about Sky not upgrading us from Connect?

This is a discussion on What are we going to do about Sky not upgrading us from Connect? within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; My exchange was unbundled 2nd November and even after several phone calls, still nothing...

nsviper is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Cumbernauld (WSCUM)
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router: Need to check
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: What are we going to do about Sky not upgrading us from Connect?

My exchange was unbundled 2nd November and even after several phone calls, still nothing
      I don't care if the glass is half full or half empty, i just want to know who's been drinking my pint!!!

Gallery...http://andy-stewart.deviantart.com/gallery

2. Advertisement
      gurvy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Great Barr
      Broadband ISP: Max - 14MB - ADSL2
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I've just spoken to sky and they gave me the old story once again. They couldn't tell me anything about what is happening and when it will happen. Gave the same reply about how they will get in touch with us, yeh right!!!

Also when I brought up the subject of one of my neighbours signing upto the mid package in under 3 weeks and heres me still waiting, she couldn't get off the phone quick enough.

deano_uk is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Wickersley
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Im in the same boat, I've written letters sent emails etc and get fobbed off each time.
      The last letter I had said that I would be moved but they couldnt tell me when becuase the equipment they have put in my exchange is already full. (Plusnet_sucks Thats bad news for you also as I believe your on the same exchange as me - Wickersley)

I just tried to call them and got a real obnoxious git on the phone who just kept saying the TC's sate subject to availablity and it isnt available for me.
      I told he him I had been mislead as as I was told I would be moved "as soon as available" and he just lept saying I will be "when its available" and "it isn" at the moment.

I give in........

boab2791 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Lennoxtown (WSLEX)
      Broadband ISP: Talk Talk
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

I had what looked like an attempt to transfer me over to LLU on the 11th Feb, the order was placed that day and failed and this indicates it failed apparently, a few other people had this on the BT Order Tracker.

I know nothing happened becuase my router did not and has not dropped connection because of the move to LLU, so I am positive it didn't happen.

NOt too bothered at present as Sky gave me half of one monthly bill back, 32 plus it seems they have refunded me for 2 months BB at the higher 17. My Sky bill this month is 6.45 when it is usually 64!

Had a look on my bill on Sky Active but can't really make head nor tail of it, it does mention Refund for cancellation of Connect! At no point have I asked for cancellation so I am waiting to see what happens, don't know whether to phone them or not as they never seem to understand what your going on about.

Alan b is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: 2 x Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Why are people so impatient and in such a hurry to be moved across, I really don't understand this at all. As I said earlier when Sky get arounds to moving me across then that is fine by me as I am in no hurry as I am more than happy with the way things are at present.

simonh is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: EMBURTO
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I can't speak for anyone else Alan_b but my problem is that I want an unlimited account and the traffic shaping on connect severely limits my downloading habits. I've always had unlimited and it was my understanding that my exchange would be unbundled within a few months of signing up. That happened in December but here we are six weeks later, and I'm still on connect.
      I understand that there are many people who are quite happy with 40gb allowance per month but I'm not one of them.
      What angers me is skys attitude and the outrageous lies they tell to get me off the phone. I have been told five or six times that the upgrade has gone ahead. I have been told to wait for a letter. I have been told that my exchange has not yet been unbundled. I have been told I have a child lock on my phone line. I have been told that if I'm not happy they will cancel my account (they couldn't even do that right!). I have been told I need to dial a different number then select option 1 then option 6, only to find out there are only 5 options. I could go on.
      I accepted the connect package as a temporary measure. How long should I wait? Sky owe an explanation whether you are happy with connect or not. That would have kept me for one happy (provided I had an option to cancel sky broadband if I judged the delay too long).

gurvy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Great Barr
      Broadband ISP: Max - 14MB - ADSL2
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I want to go onto the max package because with my line attenuation figure of 31.0 I can get 12-15 MB speed, therefore allowing faster downloads and uploads which is useful to keep a good ratio on bittorrent trackers.

But my main gripe is sky allowing other people on my exchange to receive the mid and max packages in under 3 weeks while I am still waiting. Why can't they give me that slot in the exchange? Just because I am on connect I should go to the back of the queue?

Alan b is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Unlimited
      Sky TV: 2 x Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by simonh View Post
      I can't speak for anyone else Alan_b but my problem is that I want an unlimited account and the traffic shaping on connect severely limits my downloading habits.
      That makes sense, thanks for the explanation

Plusnet suck is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by deano_uk View Post
      (Plusnet_sucks Thats bad news for you also as I believe your on the same exchange as me - Wickersley)
      My order went through on the 12th Feb' to change from connect to LLU but it looks like Sky have put me on the Mid package not the Max, my ip has changed from 90.194.x.x to 90.198.x.x After a very long conversation with someone in tech' support (cough) trying to tell me my slow speed was down to a virus or too many people using the connection at the same time i finally got through to them that it was my sync speed that should be higher as i was supposed to be moved straight to the Max package. I should hopefully recieve a call from tier 3 in the next few days to get this sorted, fingers crossed

Will keep you all informed how i get on.
      Last edited by Plusnet suck; 20-02-07 at 10:51 AM.

simonh is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: EMBURTO
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

plusnet_suck: I am definitely still on connect and my ip can be 90.194, 90.196, 90.197, 90.200 and maybe others too.

are you sure you are not on connect? have you tested on p2p?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast