Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 63k members.

my experiance

This is a discussion on my experiance within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi I have been here a while though I spent most of my time reading... My experience with sky is ...

DWho is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: WOOLSTON
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Sky TV:

A question and my experiance

Hi I have been here a while though I spent most of my time reading...

My experience with sky is as follows, though I had no problem with BT except for the fact I could only get a maximum speed of 1.5mb on my line.. So skys' 16mb line looked like a great offer...even though I knew I would never get speeds like that even 4mb would do me....

Well after showing interest in sky back in August 2006 I was then informed I could go on connect until my exchange was upgraded with sky equipment..

Sounded like a good idea as I was paying 26 with BT for 1.5mb whereas with sky I would be paying 17 even with a 40 connection charge over a period of a few months I would eventually be saving money...

Anyway I was connected to connect on the 15th Nov 2006 even though my router took another 7 days to turn up still apart from the total mess of constantly losing my internet (thankfully this site has nearly solved this problem thank you for that) I cannot really complain.... that is until I checked out when my exchange was upgraded and guess what that was the 16th Nov 2006...

Now I understand that it would take a while so I waited to mid Dec and found that I could receive Max if I wanted..

After phoning sky repeatedly I have been told I would receive my connect at 5 a month until I phoned again to check this was correct and someone else said no that was not possible and they couldn't do anything to my account in case I was going to get upgraded within the next week though that was a month ago at least....

Basically I am still on connect at 17 a month on 1.5mb and if I had waited 14 days i would have been on Max lol ... guess I should have not have listened to the guy from sky who said I should go on

question though ...I have read people talk about tier 1,2 and 3 who are these people and how to you get to talk to a tier 3 do you just ask...?

I also read my orders from BT and it looked like the tried to upgrade me but sadly it failed...

Thanks to everyone for the help here an invaluable site and thanks for letting me rant...

Last edited by DWho; 16-02-07 at 04:17 PM.

2. Advertisement