Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Disconnections - Noise problem ?

This is a discussion on Disconnections - Noise problem ? within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi All I got connected in the mid package last november. Everything was alrite for a month and then on ...

rdevarajan is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Unhappy Disconnections - Noise problem ?

Hi All
      I got connected in the mid package last november. Everything was alrite for a month and then on I have been having serious disconnection. I have been after the customer service for longtime .. almost 3 months now. Raised 4 calls for tier 3 and never got a call.
      Now I am looking at leaving sky for good as am getting nowhere.
      But wanted to give it a final try and hence I am here for help.

My connection was around 8 mbps earlier... now they have synced me at 2mbps althought my line can take more than 8mbps. But still I am facing serious disconnections.

ADSL Link Downstream Upstream
      Connection Speed 2048 kbps 256 kbps
      Line Attenuation 16.0 db 12.0 db
      Noise Margin 32.9 db 14.0 db

I am finding that my noise margin has suddenly increased. i tried changing filters, main test socket, changing rj11 wire etc as suggested elsewhere in the forum.

Raised a call with BT on this and they are saying that the line seems fine and if an engineer has to come around then i will have to pay 60 if no fault found.

With getting nowhere with the tier 3 sky people ... Please help with suggestions

Thanks Raj

2. Advertisement
      yodasarmpit is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Disconnections - Noise problem ?

Those stats are excellent, you should be getting full 8meg and no disconnection.

You want the line attenuation to be as low as possible and noise margin to be as high as possible.

The reason your noise margin suddenly increased is because your line speed dropped, so the ratio of signal to noise just got better.

You need to persue this with Sky as there is no obvious reason why you are only sync'd at 2meg.