Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Activation Date Set

This is a discussion on Activation Date Set within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; well the movies by broadband requires you to sign up to sky movies 1 and 2 and i guess least ...

EL_PRESEDENTE is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      well the movies by broadband requires you to sign up to sky movies 1 and 2 and i guess least sky sports 1 for that

2. Advertisement
      mikey4020 is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Halfway/WSHAL
      Broadband ISP: O2 Premium (4th Aug)
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

Well got everything today, letter with password and router set it up by I'm not supposed to be activated until Friday. Can anyone tell me what the software on the CD does that "customizes my browser" I don't want Sky branded stuff all over the pc.

EDIT Also meant to ask this, I have a subscription to Norton Internet Security that runs out in December. Could I wait until then to install the Mcafee software on the CD and would I get 12 months from December?
      Last edited by mikey4020; 04-09-06 at 06:18 PM. Reason: Forgot to add a question at the end. Sorry!!

mrmojo is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      You don't need to use the CD to set it up, just plug it in/connect via wireless and it should work straight away.

Re: mcaffee, that shouldn't be a problem, not sure if you're able to install it seperately tho.

mikey4020 is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Halfway/WSHAL
      Broadband ISP: O2 Premium (4th Aug)
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

When I looked in the CD last night via windows explorer, there is a Mcafee folder with setup.exe. I'm guessing it will be as simple as running this to install it separately. There could be problems if your asked for a serial number though. Hmmm....

On my previous broadband supplier I had a USB modem and obviously I still had to enter a password etc to connect to my broadband service. Would I be right in saying that with Sky the router does this automatically and therefore does not require you to enter a username or password.

I also can't get logged into Sky's broadband portal but I have a feeling this is because I don't have a Sky IP address yet.

hugsie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: CMASHF
      Broadband ISP: Unlimited
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Log in to Sky BB portal is only possible after your line has been activated.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12