Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Still Waiting!!!!

This is a discussion on Still Waiting!!!! within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Ok,i've supposed to have been activated on Sky broadband on 17th Jan as of today i'am still have no broadband. ...

Pity The Fool is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Cheetham Hill
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Still Waiting!!!!

Ok,i've supposed to have been activated on Sky broadband on 17th Jan as of today i'am still have no broadband.

Phoned tech support numerous times & they tell me there is a problem with the outage at my exchange on the "card" & that's the reason why i'm not getting a signal.

So basically this problem has not been fixed in nearly 5 weeks!!!

I've had B.T test my phoneline(No problem there).

When i speak to Sky tech support & ask when the problem will be sorted they can't tell me when it will be fixed!!! Now that's really annoying!!!

Surely there must be some way for them to find out & let me know when the problem is rectified? & supposedly they promised to phone me within 48 hours with an update(Twice) and i've never had a call.

I never had any of these problems with my previous Broadband.I changed to save a bit of money & get the faster speed but i'm seriously regretting changing over now.

Cancellation is now definately on the cards!!!

My main gripe is Tech support not knowing when the outage problem will be sorted.

2. Advertisement
      intheknow! is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Still Waiting!!!!

tech support cant give u a date when exxhange probs are going to be fixed if they dont have the information available.

do u want tech support to say" yeah if be sorted for this weekend" then to find out its another 4 weeks down the line?

tech support wont give u made up information if they dont have the correct info available!

call backs would be from higher level of tech support but they wont call about ongoing exchange issues,

ur bt line may be fine, but its the equipment in the exchange thats faulty and needs to be fixed.