Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

stuck in the middle of BT & Sky, aarrrrghhh!

This is a discussion on stuck in the middle of BT & Sky, aarrrrghhh! within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; sorry, but i've done a search & couldn't find anything, although i'm sure other poor souls have had the same ...

Lexxy_703 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Question stuck in the middle of BT & Sky, aarrrrghhh!

sorry, but i've done a search & couldn't find anything, although i'm sure other poor souls have had the same issue...

i've just rang BT to make sure they have updated my account/DD to reflect no longer with them for broadband -

"yes you are still being charged for BB madam, you're still connected to BT for BB service"

"erm, no i'm not. i was actually online at the time the line was switched over. bt bb went offline & so did my phone line, only for 10 mins, couldn't get back online with bt service when line came back up so i assumed the switch had happened. hooked up sky router etc & been live with them ever since (31.1.07)".

"well if you are on sky bb, they didn't use the migration code that's why you're still being charged - hold please....no, you are still with BT bb service, it must of been a coincidence your line going off, you can't be active on sky yet i suggest you contact them".

just come off the phone with sky who assure me their BB went live 2.2.07 (which was supposed to be my activation date) & the header on IE7 of '...provided by sky broadband' proves this.

i'm now going to email BT because i think this may turn into a bit of a drama!

2. Advertisement
      Wheelie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stanmore LWSTAN
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: stuck in the middle of BT & Sky, aarrrrghhh!

You do have a SkyBB IP so yep your with SkyBB

BT love to do this go and check the BT Checker to see what thats says ?
      Order tracking: Landline orders You will need to register if you don't already have an account

It should say somthing alone the lines
      PROVIDE LLU LINE SHARE PSTN
      Cease IPStream MAX
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

If you would like to know the straight line distance to your exchange then
      click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

bulldog is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: WNCSN
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lexxy_703 View Post
      sorry, but i've done a search & couldn't find anything, although i'm sure other poor souls have had the same issue...

i've just rang BT to make sure they have updated my account/DD to reflect no longer with them for broadband -

"yes you are still being charged for BB madam, you're still connected to BT for BB service"

"erm, no i'm not. i was actually online at the time the line was switched over. bt bb went offline & so did my phone line, only for 10 mins, couldn't get back online with bt service when line came back up so i assumed the switch had happened. hooked up sky router etc & been live with them ever since (31.1.07)".

"well if you are on sky bb, they didn't use the migration code that's why you're still being charged - hold please....no, you are still with BT bb service, it must of been a coincidence your line going off, you can't be active on sky yet i suggest you contact them".

just come off the phone with sky who assure me their BB went live 2.2.07 (which was supposed to be my activation date) & the header on IE7 of '...provided by sky broadband' proves this.

i'm now going to email BT because i think this may turn into a bit of a drama!
      Thanks for bringing this to my attention, i will keep an eye my credit card to make sure they dont take any money out.
      Ive been live 3 days now

Exchange:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Wheelie View Post
      You do have a SkyBB IP so yep your with SkyBB

BT love to do this go and check the BT Checker to see what thats says ?
      Order tracking: Landline orders You will need to register if you don't already have an account

It should say somthing alone the lines
      Cease IPStream MAX

hi wheelie this is what the order tracking says -

Placed 24 Jan 2007
      Description CHANGE
      Appointment No date yet
      Date due 31 Jan 2007
      Status Order completed
      Last update 31 Jan 2007
      Notes Your order has been completed.

Items in this order
      Description Product name Quantity
      PROVIDE SMPF TO SMPF MIG. ON TACTICAL 1

how bizarre that it states completed 31.1.07 which is the date i thought!

if i can get access to this, why can't bloomin BT?!

Exchange:
      Thanks

Angry Re: stuck in the middle of BT & Sky, aarrrrghhh!

i'm still having a bit of a mare with BT on this - they've emailed me today & they are adamant i'm still with them & the transfer to sky has absolutely not gone thru yet

i've emailed them again (apologies for the caps, i'm shouting at BT not you! )

"26.02.07

JUST TO CONFIRM - YOU ARE STILL STATING THAT I AM IN RECEIPT OF BT BROADBAND?

1/ THE INFORMATION ON THE TOP BAR OF THE LIVE & RUNNING INTERNET EXPLORER 7 STATES " ...INTERNET EXPLORER PROVIDED BY SKY BROADBAND".

2/ BT ORDER TRACKING INFO PAGE, AS AT TODAY'S DATE -

Order tracking: Landline orders
      Account number xxxxxxxx Phone number xxxxxxxx
      Order ref Placed Description We can do this on: We agreed to deliver by:
      1xxxxxxEM 13 Dec 2006 CHANGE 13 Dec 2006 13 Dec 2006 View detail
      2xxxxxxEM 24 Jan 2007 CHANGE 31 Jan 2007 31 Jan 2007 View detail
      3xxxxxxEM 02 Feb 2007 CHANGE 02 Feb 2007 02 Feb 2007 View detail

Order reference 2xxxxxxEM
      Placed 24 Jan 2007
      Description CHANGE
      Appointment No date yet
      Date due 31 Jan 2007
      Status Order completed
      Last update 31 Jan 2007

Items in this order
      Description Product name Quantity Cost Rental
      PROVIDE LLU LINE SHARE PSTN 1 0.0 0.0
      PROVIDE SMPF TO SMPF MIG. ON TACTICAL 1 0.0 0.0

Order reference 3xxxxxxEM
      Placed 02 Feb 2007
      Description CHANGE
      Appointment No date yet
      Date due 02 Feb 2007
      Status Order completed
      Last update 02 Feb 2007

Items in this order
      Description Product name Quantity Cost Rental
      CEASE LLU LINE SHARE PSTN 1 0.0 0.0
      CEASE CEASE SMPF 1 0.0 0.0

AS FAR AS YOU ARE CONCERNED, THIS INFORMATION DOES NOT MEAN ANYTHING?

A REPLY BY RETURN WOULD BE APPRECIATED BEFORE I ESCALATE THIS MATTER FURTHER.

THANK YOU."

i have no idea what i'll do if they come back from this email & say the same thing is there any other way i can prove it? anyone else within BT that i can contact/escalate this to??

Koala5 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Dunstable
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Recieved my BT phone bill last week which had 80.00 of charges on it for BT broadband which was disconnected at the begining of November, I rang BT in Novemeber to ensure they had ammended my account! My first phone call last week started with "yes thats right you are still recieved BT broadband" After serveral phone calls and a couple of snotty emails they finally reckon they have sorted it out but wont send me confirmation in writing so I to wait another 3 months until my next bill to be sure!! I mean BT pulled the plug at the exchange and plugged it into Sky's box, how can they not know or have no record of this!!

Exchange:
      Thanks

it's scary how incompetent one company can be isn't it Koala?!

i've just sent off another long winded email to them, detailing everything like i'm trying to explain it to a 2 year old in the faint hope that they might understand

i was pointed in the direction of this on DSL website from a helpful soul on DS forums, at least that says i'm sky broadband too.

Exchange:
      Thanks

Angry Re: stuck in the middle of BT & Sky, aarrrrghhh!

me again!

i have had a response from BT today, in reply to my very full explanation of this SIMPLE problem that i'm having - in date order, i detailed exactly what had happened & included test results showing which ISP i was on & also the info from their OWN order tracking site...

"Dear Mr. xxxx,
      >
      >Thank you for your e-mail dated 26th February; your e-mail has been logged under the reference number xxx. I understand from your e-mail that you are having lots of issues with BT Total Broadband. We do the needful for you.

>Thank you for your patience and efforts taken to work with us. I know it can be very tiring when issues take time to resolve. I went through the entire e-mail correspondence you had with us and I regret to know that the issue is unresolved.To resolve the issue, we need a live interaction."

ahem, it's MRS! & the wording is somewhat, erm, unusual?!
      to say i'm would be a bit of an understatement i think!

they wanted my phone number, alternative contact no. & best time to call - which i've now given with the question of "why are you asking for this info again when it's already clearly stated in the information below?!?" GRRRRR!

talk about complete & utter lack of customer service...in fact, i think i may just send an email off to Watchdog as they are looking at BB at the moment aren't they? wish me luck
      Last edited by Lexxy_703; 04-03-07 at 05:28 PM.

Psycho is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: EMGDDLI
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Thanks

A little bit of advice for anybody reading this thread, irrespective of MAC codes etc etc. The ISP you are migrating to has an obligation to tell the ISP you are migrating from that they now provide your service. UNTIL THIS IS DONE you will potentially still be billed by your previous ISP.

DON'T rely on your new ISP to do this. Contact your old ISP the minute your new service goes live & tell them yourself.

Exchange:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho View Post
      A little bit of advice for anybody reading this thread, irrespective of MAC codes etc etc. The ISP you are migrating to has an obligation to tell the ISP you are migrating from that they now provide your service. UNTIL THIS IS DONE you will potentially still be billed by your previous ISP.

DON'T rely on your new ISP to do this. Contact your old ISP the minute your new service goes live & tell them yourself.

whilst i agree with your advice , i DID phone BT the day Sky went live, didn't do me any good tho!...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast