Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

stuck in the middle of BT & Sky, aarrrrghhh!

This is a discussion on stuck in the middle of BT & Sky, aarrrrghhh! within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Me neither I rang them in November too!! Got an email from BT Friday saying "Sorry for inconvienience they have ...

Koala5 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Dunstable
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: stuck in the middle of BT & Sky, aarrrrghhh!

Me neither I rang them in November too!!
      Got an email from BT Friday saying "Sorry for inconvienience they have looked into my account and problem has been sorted and my account will be credited" Great I thought!
      Got another email yesterday, different person saying "Sorrry for inconvienience they have looked into my account and cant resolve this problem by email, please can I call them!!
      So I copied them back both the emails with yet another snotty email!

2. Advertisement
      Lexxy_703 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

come on Koala, let's join hands & run head first into that wall over there!

i'm sure we'd get more bloomin sense out of it

i doubt anything will come of it, but i did email watchdog about this last night. might be worth the same from anyone else in the same boat...

Sky TV:
      Thanks

Well finally took the plunge and rang them this morning expecting a 30 minute wait like the other week when I called, but got through in less than 2 minutes! A nice lady tells me that my broadband has been removed from my account and an order is in place. I said what order? she says that will be the credit to go onto your next bill. Because they have no facility to reprint the bill, well it all sounds to good to be true! just got to wait 10 weeks now until my next bill to see if it all appears in black and white!!

Lexxy_703 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

update:
      copy of my latest email to bt, after i've given up on the complaint already logged & thought i'd try & phone them...(well, i was in the mood for a fight! )

"as no reply has been received, i have just spoken to Chris in the Broadband Service Dept (tel:0800 679905) & he confirms the following:

my internet service is NOT provided by yourselves, details as per BT wholesale information screen.

he will put the order through to cancel BT broadband charges from 02.02.07 & i will be notified of a refund amount & new monthly direct debit payment on my next bill as scheduled.

PLEASE CONFIRM THESE ACTIONS IN WRITING TO ME AS SOON AS POSSIBLE."

I asked Chris how come he could see this information when the department dealing with my emails didn't even understand the question?! Chris "don't know", but he did apologise & was very pleasant.

hopefully this will be the end of this, only time (& my next bill) will tell!

- lexxy & Koala go for a lie down in a dark room awaiting the receipt of their next bills... -

Sky TV:
      Thanks

Well quick update, just got my lastest phone bill and BT have finally credited my 80 back for the broadband service they were charging for that I didn't have! Only took them 6 month's!

Alan b is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Unlimited
      Sky TV: 2 x Sky+ HD
      Thanks

I had a similar issue although I actually stopped the direct debit after I moved to Sky and low and behold BT tried to charge me for another month with them. It took about a month to sort out but in the end they sent me a cheque for 8. I did it all via email.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12