Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Connection problems

This is a discussion on Connection problems within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Got my router on friday evening after a nice little journey to a Parceline depot... I have the letter syaing ...

mr_me is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Connection problems

Got my router on friday evening after a nice little journey to a Parceline depot...

I have the letter syaing I have been activated, and my old broadband service has stopped.

Plugged it in, all the lights work etc, but it won't actually connect to sky. So I logged into the router, and the problem is that the username and password that Sky have programmed into the router isn't the one the radius server is expecting, so CHAP Authentication fails.

Now to me it seems quite obvious that that is the problem, but the 1st line people insist on going through all their checks, including the Sky test, which works, and getting BT to run tests.

Finally managed to speak to Tier 2, who after a lot of persuasion checked the radius server and confirmed that the radius server has rejected my login over 2600 times since friday evening (I left the router on and it will just keep trying to connect).

However, they refused to do anything othetr than send out a new router. Surely the obvious solution would be for them to update their systems with the username and password my router is providing so that it connects.

Anyone else had this particularly frustrating experience?

I tried to get through to Tier 3 with no luck. They just refused to transfer me. Is there any way to get in contact with them direct?

2. Advertisement
      Hoagie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Gedling (EMGDDLI)
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Connection problems

If they knew the username and password your router is trying to use then that would be the easiest solution but I can see a couple of obstacles.

1. They probably don't know what password it's using.
      2. It's easier for them to just have a new router sent out.

But I quite agree it's nonsensical to have no other way of tackling this situation.