Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Activated but not switched from pipex?

This is a discussion on Activated but not switched from pipex? within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; I was on Pipex and went for Sky Max The switch was supposed to take place on the 7th Feb. ...

cliocarl is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Activated but not switched from pipex?

I was on Pipex and went for Sky Max

The switch was supposed to take place on the 7th Feb.

The 7th passed, and the Pipex connection was still working.

I have been very busy and just got round to installing/setting up Sky router tonight. All set up - but no IP address from sky to the router. The correct lights all come on and stay on green but no internet.

Spoke to sky on phone and they tell me that it has been activated, on the 7th.

If this is so - should I be able to get internet down my line using my Pipex account?

If not then surely this means pipex is still running and sky is actually not activated?

What do you think? Please advise, all help replies appreciated (my first post - I have been viewing for a good few months though as a guest)

2. Advertisement
      radion is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: liverpool south
      Broadband ISP: max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Activated but not switched from pipex?

im waiting to go from pipex to max on thursday and pipex is still on ,when i connect the router the lights go green,but that is my pipex line it picks up

agentwalker is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

lol good luck mate I'm in the same situation as you or should I say was. It ended up with me having to force Nildram via an OFCOm complaints procedure to place an order with BT to remove their service and marker from my line, then sky had to then do the same.

I'm now stuck where by i'm waiting for sky's accounts to remove the 1st messed up order so I can then place another order on a totaly clear line. I've now been stuck at this stage for over a week waiting for sky's accounts to cancel the order and as yet they havn't or wont move even after countless calls to the SRT who are emailing accounts daily for me.

I've even sent an email to J Murdock and that got me no where apart from the usual SRT are looking in to the situation and will endevor to sort it as soon as possible.

hopefully this week accounts will move and I can get another order put in, but through this i've been left without Broardband for just over 2 weeks now

Hoagie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Gedling (EMGDDLI)
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

cliocarl,

It sounds like the dreaded Tie Pair problem.

Took them about 3 months to fix this issue on my exchange - by which time I'd bailed out and gone to another ISP.

cliocarl is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hoagie View Post
      cliocarl,

It sounds like the dreaded Tie Pair problem.

Took them about 3 months to fix this issue on my exchange - by which time I'd bailed out and gone to another ISP.
      Is this where there is now two tags on the line? only thats what BT Wholesale have told me!