Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Late activation...

This is a discussion on Late activation... within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; I was supposed to be activated on the 9th(yesterday) but nothing, and no sign either of today(openreach engineers work today?). ...

madman11 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LSNOR
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Late activation...

I was supposed to be activated on the 9th(yesterday) but nothing, and no sign either of today(openreach engineers work today?).

I called Sky today, first i spoke to a woman in CS who said my line was infact transfered over at 8am on the 9th and the BT order tracker shows this as completed as well. She then transfered me to Technical support and the guy said it should be done by 12 midnight today if not call back tommorow.

Has anyone ever had a few days late activation or am i in for a long few months without broadband?

Still no internet light...

2. Advertisement
      AWW
      AWW is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: East Kilbride,WSEKI
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Late activation...

try plugging in the router to the test socket and see if u get a connection ( this happend with me )

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I have no test socket, i got an old BT master box. I will try it in an extension i guess, but something tells me its something at the exchange because:

1) It wont sync
      2) Shows no stats for attenuation etc

thanks..waiting for the damn internet light to come on is pain

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

was on the phone today for 40 mins. did the trouble shooting with tier 1, the stupid little things which i know for a fact worked ok.

put me through to tier 3 but no one picked up so the guy on tier1 came back and said no one is picking up for some reason so he will get tier 3 to cal back 3-5 days. sucks, cant wait that long.

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

still no internet today, what should i do?

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Well 1 week after the activation date, still nothing.

Little update:

Spoke with Tier 3 yesterday and the woman tried to cap my line to get sync with the exchange? Didn't work, did some tone tests etc and that worked fine. Then she said she didn't know what the problem was, it should be working fine so she logged a ticket/fault with BT and she said when BT get back to them they will get back to me(i don't see this happening in the foreseable future).

How long will this take? I am really hacked off without Broadband, should i call again today and ask for an update?

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Another update:

Ok i phoned to get an update and the woman passed me to tier 2. The guy said that BT told them there was no problem on the line and everything looked fine. He said then he will raise the issue with BT again to investigate. If an issue is raised 3 times with BT they have to do something about it apparantly. He said wait 48 hours and i should be called. That never happend.

So yesterday i called again into Tier1 tech support, she said BT had found a "fault" on the line and they were fixing it, but then she went an contradicted herself saying that the fault at the exchange shouldnt affect me. She then said she will consult her colleagues in Tier 3 and she put me on hold for 40 minutes. She came back and said that "david" in tier 3 said to run the trouble shooting. We ran it again, it didn't help, then i got the famous "we will call you back in 3-5 working days..."

im NOT impressed or happy.

kidcrew_Bob is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Similar story here although we WERE activated AOK on 8th Feb - excellent service for 6 days then BANG nothing since the 14th. 50-odd calls and up to 2 hrs on hold and still no service. Mythical T3 never called us and are allegedly / supposedly fannying around with a tone test - waste of time though as BT have checked us independantly from the equipment in our house upto & including the LLU in the exchange......

On the verge of walking - this afternoon / evening will be the last chance saloon for Sky - although they won't give a damn.....and I have NO leverage whatsoever......

Can't help thinking though that BT probably screw up stuff for other ISPs on purpose to make us walk in situations such as this..

Only in the UK could such a business be allowed - we should hang our heads in shame.....

10 years with Demon - never had an outage above a day or two at most (and a rare occurance at that) - a bit slow and 26 now seems attractive compared to nowt for a tenner....!!!

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I still don't have the internet. Now they are telling me "cabling" wait till next week. Looks like we are in the same boat..

agentwalker is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Well so far i've been waiting since the 5th of January. Since then i've been on dialup as Sky/BT managed to screw up the migration. In the end Had to get sky to put in a cease for the bodged connection then attempt a reconnection on a totaly clear line with no markers or ADSL at all.

I've got as far as getting all markers and adsl serverices off the line HOWEVER skys Easynet department whuch handles cancelations are dragging their feet with updating the database so i can't reorder untill they move

It's been in the situation for 3 weeks this friday where i've just been waiting for Easynet's accounts to remove my failed order from the database. No ammount of Emailing or calling seems to help as apparently all the SRT team can do is email their easynet department there is no voice conversation avaliable so basicly Easynet choose who should get something done and when whithout any fear that sky are going to have a go at them for being slow.

Now based on what i've been through i'm not too bothered about the 5 weeks i'm more worried about skys internal communications with departments especialy easynet as no one seems to be allowed to use anything apart from email, and from what i've experience sky have absolutly no control of what Easynet do or don't do.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast