Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 63k members.

Possibly a minor problem....

This is a discussion on Possibly a minor problem.... within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Picture the scene... 2 x xbox 360s 4 x laptops 1 x desktop pc 1 x sky router 1 x ...

kingpindave is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Grove Park
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Sky TV:

Possibly a minor problem....

Picture the scene...

2 x xbox 360s
      4 x laptops
      1 x desktop pc
      1 x sky router
      1 x belkin router (though not got adsl line, just using as hub and a wireless booster)

Now the in the sky router. I have used 3 of the ethernet ports up. One for the 360 downstairs in port 1, one for the 360 upstairs in port 2 and one for the uplink to the belkin router in port 4.

And they all work on the net fine...

The two laptops down stairs are wireless, they have all in built cards and this is where the fun begins. The Fujitsu laptop cant see Sky and is only a meter away, the advent laptop pc can be anywhere round the house and connects fine. Fuji see's belkin and can connect and can surf the net fine but very limited.

Now your probably think where is the problem. We have a baby monitor and have to turn the belkin one off as it causes static where ever i am in the house. crazy but it after thousands of tests it was this that was the problems..

Upstairs we have a laptop that can see both belkin and sky but cant connect to sky at all even if has a full signal. I have changed cards and keep getting the same problem. I also changed the settings on the sky router as i thought it may be the channel causing problems.. It worked for a week.. but now back to square 1.

All I want to do is use the belkin for my desktop pc and other laptop that arent wireless. And then turn it off when its not used..

Can this be done..

Oh I dont want to folk out loads of cash.. Personally none if i can help it.. I just want everyone to connect to the sky router and thats all..

oh i have set up no encryprtion as none of the laptops saw the sky router....

should really put my setup on here...

i have opened the ports for the wired connections for the firewall..
      Channel 11
      and have it set to g + b only... I havent tried auto as i dont have any netgear wireless cards..
      I bought the latest belkin cards..
      Last edited by kingpindave; 09-02-07 at 02:02 PM.

2. Advertisement