Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sky LIES

This is a discussion on Sky LIES within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; There is nothing wrong with the wires in the house. I had a new box fitted last year and a ...

ads2312 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router:
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: Sky LIES

There is nothing wrong with the wires in the house. I had a new box fitted last year and a new line to the post. I have 1 socket (master) and only 1 extension to the tv. It makes no difference to the noise if I put it in the hidden socket so the problem must beat the exchange ! The main problem is sky wont do any testing or even give things a try. The only reason they capped me to 2.5 was because I asked them to do it for a trial. The trial worked and now I want them trial at a higher speed and they wont do it.

2. Advertisement
      Saturday is offline Sky User Super Mod
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Thanks

Your attenuation (43db) will allow a connection speed of up to ~9000kbps.

Your stats also make it quite evident that you are capped; the clue is in your high noise margin/low connection speed relative to your attenuation.

There may of course be noise issues present as well but it will be very hard if not impossible to quantify them whilst you are capped.

beethoven is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: MRWAL (LLU since Oct06)
      Broadband ISP: connect billed as 17 - 12 = 5
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Thanks

But have you actually checked that the extension is wired properly into the NTE5, that is N O T into the screw terminals that the BT incoming wire are attached to (there should be NO OTHER WIRES behind those screws), and there is no pin/staple through the cable at any point on its journey to the extension box and that ONLY the blue with white and the white with blue wires are connected- have you an adsl box on the extension also?? I agree with Saturday that it is probably capped, but eliminate everything else by double checking the wiring.

ads2312 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router:
      Thanks

I was right, sky did lie.
      Just got off the phone to Sky and the first person I have ever talked to at Sky that knew what he was doing.
      He done all the tests from his end, put my speed upto 5mb done some more test etc, etc.
      So after 20+calls with staff telling me completly different things each time(I guess they just make it up to get you off the phone) I'm now running at what my line can take. It seems very fast and am getting download speeds of 500+kB/s which id not bad !
      I think the secret to getting them to do anything is to refuse to go away until you talk to some who help.

beethoven is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: MRWAL (LLU since Oct06)
      Broadband ISP: connect billed as 17 - 12 = 5
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Thanks

well done.
      patient persistence has paid off. Hope you have been using the freephone number.
      I am sure there are a lot of staff who are new to the technical stuff, its all a bit different from selling/advising on sky tv and sky+ and HD.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12