Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 63k members.

Keep losing my broadband conection

This is a discussion on Keep losing my broadband conection within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; This is a new one on me , want to know if anyone else has heard of this ? I ...

Big_Cos is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01928
      Broadband ISP: Connect 17 to 5
      Sky TV:

Keep losing my broadband conection

This is a new one on me , want to know if anyone else has heard of this ?

I have my Router plugged in by the TV so I can plug it in to the Playstation & 2 wireless Laptops
      This is an extension that runs from upstairs ,outside the house an into the living room . As well as the Broadband being plugged in to this extension , I have my Sky+ box and my telephone . I have had this set up for about 4 weeks now with no problems .

on Saturday night I lost my Broadband connection , the orange light kept intermittently flashing while trying to connect , I did the usual reboot but no good . , so I picked up the phone to ring Tech support but the line was dead .

BT again I thought , so I left it the whole of Sunday ...still no broadband , came home from work Monday ...Still no broadband , so Monday Night I logged a call with BT they say there is not a fault but would arrange an Engineer for Saturday .

Anyway When settling down on Monday night the misses said the Sky+ had frozen , it was showing a technical fault on that channel , so in the usual style of Tech support I rebooted the Sky+

Hey presto my internet connection came back & my phone line

it seems some how the Sky+ has overtaken my Phone line .I though this maybe a one off but my Internet connection went down just before bed and as I was Recording on Sky I didn't want disturb it .

so this morning I rebooted sky+ and my internet connection is back again

anybody any Idea why ? and why now after a month or so ?

any help or input would be great

2. Advertisement
      Koala5 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Dunstable
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:

Re: Keep losing my broadband conection

Sounds like you may have a fault on the Sky+ box knocking out the phone line. I would disconnect the phone line on the Sky+ box for a few days to see if that cures the problem. The only purpose of the phone connection is some active service's, ordering box office movie's and for Sky to check the box is still there if you are within 12 month's contract. If your not using those services its wont do any harm to disconnect it for a few days.