Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Why the delay in provisioning?

This is a discussion on Why the delay in provisioning? within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; I received a letter giving an activation date of 25th January and was advised to allow 3 additional days for ...

Veronica2805 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Livingston
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Why the delay in provisioning?

I received a letter giving an activation date of 25th January and was advised to allow 3 additional days for connection. My service has still not been activated despite an escalation to Order Management on Friday 2nd February with the promise that the matter would be rectified within 5 days, maximum. What is happening? My telephone exchange is Livingston, West Lothian. Is anyone else having similar problems?
      Last edited by Veronica2805; 06-02-07 at 02:43 PM. Reason: to correct grammatical mistake

2. Advertisement
      Maxi is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Biddulph
      Broadband ISP: Hoping it will work 2nd time round
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Why the delay in provisioning?

I'm in the same boat and have no idea whats going on. I ordered on the 4th of December where the mac code failed, then my order went in again on the 15th and they said everything is fine. Get an email from my current ISP saying my MAC code has expired. So i gave them the new mac code around 3 weeks ago and go the activation date of the 30th January. It came and went. I called them up said its with order management wait 5 days, called back today and still with order management after 7 working days. Saying there is a hold up with BT a note has been added on your account saying someone will contact you as soon as the issue is sorted. I asked for a rough estimate in time and he goes on saying they don't have any dates as such yet, but they will contact you when the problem is sorted.

I just want more information on what the issue is and if it can be resolved. My brother ordered Sky broadband and got it within 8 working days :/

I don't want to wait for Sky as i know they wont do anything until i call them, but every time i call them i just get the response its with order management. What should i do? O.o

I'm on Biddulphs Exchange in Stoke-on-Trent.

Veronica2805 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Livingston
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I'm all out of ideas. I'm just hoping that someone from technical support will pick this up and offer an explanation. It's so frustrating to be told 'It'll be active tomorrow' time after time. On Friday, when the matter was referred to Order Management, I was promised a resolution within 5 working days (presumably in line with a Service Level Agreement in place with BT?). Yesterday I was told that that was ridiculous as they couldn't specify a timeframe for finding a fix. It doesn't help that there appears to be no-one to whom I can escalate this over the phone. Everyone I speak to claims to have no line manager or superior!!!!! If, and when, this matter is finally resolved, I intend to claim a refund of the cost of the calls I have made plus I would expect the offer of some form or recompense, perhaps a year's free subscription to Sky Broadband? This level of service is simply unacceptable.

Veronica

Maxi is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Biddulph
      Broadband ISP: Hoping it will work 2nd time round
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

A year seems a bit much but maybe a month or two :P

But this is just stupid on how they can't actually tell us the issue with BT or at least give us some for of a timezone. Why does it take Order Managment so long to request the order again with BT?

Alteast tell us what the problem is then maybe we can reslove the issue with BT to some extent.

Hope they sort this soon as its been going on for so long and with my brother being able to sign up in 8 days it just isnt right :P

Anyone have any similar expereinces who can extend on the issue?