Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Error Code 300 ????

This is a discussion on Error Code 300 ???? within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; I have been having a good look around and I can't seem to find any information about my problem , ...

Lindemans is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Bury MRBUR
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Error Code 300 ????

I have been having a good look around and I can't seem to find any information about my problem , so if this is in the wrong place I'm sorry in advance and please feel free to reprimand me.
      For the last few weeks I have been having frequent disconnections and sometimes I can't get on at all. The only thing I can find that gives me a clue to the problem is when I perform a Sky Test in my router and I get the error code 300. Sorry, sometimes my network won't assign me an ip address either.
      I am using a wireless connection on the Max package.I have had no other previous problems before this.
      Do you need anymore info from me to assist with my problem? I am far from an expert so go easy if you can!!

Thanks for any help chaps.

2. Advertisement
      Unregistered Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:

Re: Error Code 300 ????

watchin this post with interest as im subject to the same error code 300
      and have been told ill have to wait for 3-5 days for a call back.
      suddenly NTL dont seem so crap after all.

basicly if an offer looks too good to be true...THEN IT IS!

postin this thread by connectin my cable modem back to NTL..great service sky real great

dtr44 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: halfway wshal
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

hi i used to get this [especially wireless ,which i now dont use ]i think ur line is getting noisy the router loses sync and try's to re-establish and loses its path [eg network path 255 etc ]so u go offline [i noticed my adsl light went crazy just b4 it used to do this ] its a reboot from the diagnostics on ur router set up [sometimes the submask etc don't come up for a minute ,u can disconnect [on router page [lcp up/down] disconect and then connect and it usually works ,since going hard wired i've only had 2 outages and both were power cuts during the day

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Thanks dtr42 for your feedback. Do you have any suggestions on how to fix the problem more in the long term sort of thing? You know what I mean mate? Without going "hard wired" as you put it.
      Should I be looking to reduce my line noise as you mentioned that as a possible reason?

Thanks for your time though.

dtr44 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: halfway wshal
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

sorry this is how i solved my prob [ie got rid of wireless ]the only other idea is to try router at main socket it eliminates your internal wiring which may be giving u noise on your line [apart from that i'm kinda stuck ]

sassylady is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWKLAN
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

We get more than a few 300 code errors , we reboot the router, but sometimes the page on the web flashes along with router lights going mad, then still no action, so run-command, ipconfig renew all, then we may get reconnected, it helps to turn the router off at night, though we run a netgear at work 24/7 months on end with no problems BUT the one at work is lan connected, and I tend to think that is a poorly wired extension and the the wireless that does not work. We are about to get a lot of Ethernet cabling to the PC and laptop from the hall to the loft and living room and ditch the wireless, more wire but I am guessing a lot less hassle.
      Oh and then there will probably 2 wireless usb adapters on ebay.
      Rosie
      12591 kb/s Download 579 kb/s upload

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Thanks all, much appreciated.

M4TTA is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: SMLH
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I'm 100% you get error 300 because the router has no ip address.
      The reason behind your router not getting an Ip is a different matter

hope that helps.

nedisared is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

i got this from day 1, had no ip had to wait 7 days doing my nut in trying to get sense from the call centre.
      Then finally got to tier 3 and spoke to a guy called Dillon, who slowed down my connection at the exchange and i have had a good connection ever since.

nortonski is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nedisared View Post
      i got this from day 1, had no ip had to wait 7 days doing my nut in trying to get sense from the call centre.
      Then finally got to tier 3 and spoke to a guy called Dillon, who slowed down my connection at the exchange and i have had a good connection ever since.
      This is a major issue, often you have folk calling Tier 1 tech support mentioning that their connection speed's slow, or the order processing guy doesnt check the actual constraints of the users line etc...

Next thing that happens is they whack 8 - 16mb down your line & it simply cant cope at the exchange/DSLAM...this more often than not results in the error 300 code being generated as there's no IP addressing being passed.

Simple procedure:

1) call tier 1 tech support, they cant handle an EC 300 so a fault ticket is raised & passed to Tier 3

2) ask for the ticket number, dont worry if you cant get a hold of it it's not a big deal, just make sure it's been raised.

3) more often than not tier 1 WILL NOT give the contact details for tier 3 saying that it'll be like a 3 hour call due to high call levels...

4) call 0207 0326 352 (Tier 3 DDI)

More often than not they can remedy the issue by simply winding the speed down to what your line can take (they check the physical characteristics there & then...)

DONT expect someone to call you back on the say so of tier 1, more often than not they're numpties!! IMO...

Hope this helps some folk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast