Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Error Code 300 ????

This is a discussion on Error Code 300 ???? within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; hi Had this prob for months. Never seem to get joy from sky. Try downloading mossywells bounce sky router thingy ...

clairepierce is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Error Code 300 ????

hi
      Had this prob for months.
      Never seem to get joy from sky.
      Try downloading mossywells bounce sky router thingy from this site.
      It is fantastic.
      hooray for mossywell

2. Advertisement
      Unregistered Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:

I had error code 300 ever since I joinned Sky broadband 2 months ago and I never had a internet connection apart when they reduced my speed to 128k! even then it was still disconnecting. After 2 months of endless phone calls, 3 BT engineer calls to my exchange and 2 to my house the problem still couldnt be solved. So in the end on Sunday I cancelled, as I had enough and went elsewhere. If my error code 300 could of been sorted out by Sky it wouldnt of taken them nearly 2 months to do so. I had a steady 2meg connection before I moved to Sky, so I hope anyone else who gets the error code 300 like I did, Sky sorts it out for them as they didnt for me.

chunkykev is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Just joined the forum, finding a lot of useful stuff. Where can I get this Mossywell Bounce Sky that you mention, done a google search with no luck, or am I being stupid?

Keiran2K8 is offline Skyuser Serial Spammer
      Exchange: Redditch
      Broadband ISP: Max & VM VIP-85 & Be* Pro
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

qwertyAPP is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

The tier 1 team, deal with the physical set up of your broadband equipment and your PC/Laptop only when your internet light is displayed on the router. Tier 2 and 3 deal with the the BB line setup etc, its up to them to contact customer 5 working days after a ticket has been escalated (not tier 1's responsiblity!!) .....
      Give the tier 1 guys a break, sumtimes getting customers to explain what lights are displaying on the router is a nightmare!!!

If you do not get the internet light on your router, 3 working days after your activiation date, you could ensure the following before ringin sky:
      1. All active telephone points are connected via the microfilters, if your getting audible noise on the line, test with another microfilter!
      2. NO extensions cables are being used!! not until u can establish the connection with the shorter DSL cable sky supplies 1st!!
      3. Try connecting directly to the master telephone socket
      4. If using a test socket, try the recommendated test for this.
      5. Reset the router.
      6. Still no internet light contact Technical support for further assistance!

Meatbag is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Depending on which package you're on. Error 300 is an authentication error. Usually caused by a stale session in the exchange or profile error. If you're on connect (max adsl) then you're likely to be back on within a few hours as BT aren't as useless as Sky. Another thing to try, turn off the router off for 1 hour and it will hopefully clear the stale session.

I work in tech support lvl 2 and i really feel for Sky customers. Go to VirginMedia

Lindemans is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Bury MRBUR
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Hello everyone and thanks for your contributions to my problem.

I telephoned Sky about my error code 300 problems but the Tier 1 guy would not listen to me. He just ran me through a lot of bob tests that were clearly not going to solve my problem but he was just doing his job so I went along with him( for 30 minutes). I don't want to just slag him off.
      When it came to move on to tier 2 he put me on hold for a bit and then said he could not get them. He then informed me that because I did not have the Sky wireless adapters but a Belkin in my desktop and one built in my laptop they wouldn't help me anyway!!!
      So does that mean I have use Ethernet to get to tier 2 help? Seeing as other people say it is a tier 3 problem is there not a way to get straight to the monkey?

Thanks for your help again

acoolwelshbloke is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Swansea Main
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Meatbag View Post
      Depending on which package you're on. Error 300 is an authentication error. Usually caused by a stale session in the exchange or profile error. If you're on connect (max adsl) then you're likely to be back on within a few hours as BT aren't as useless as Sky. Another thing to try, turn off the router off for 1 hour and it will hopefully clear the stale session.

I work in tech support lvl 2 and i really feel for Sky customers. Go to VirginMedia
      Hahaha yea right, you do not work for sky your just a troll prob from cableforum.co.uk!

I have been with NTL and people think sky are bad, ok cable broadband is better than adsl but I guess it comes down to luck of your line. I have had a few problems only with my adsl but that's not sky's fault that's because of my line!

I pay 5 for a 4mb service compared to 25 with NTL/Virgin. and you get indian support with NTL/Virgin so don't think their support is any better, infact you have to pay more for the pleasure!

johnmcmillan59 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: North Finchley
      Broadband ISP: Bethere
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

I switched FROM SKy because of continual error 300. My Sky modem and telephone line perform perfectly with my new ISP. Error 300 is when you are connected to the Sky equipment in the local exchange successfully but the Sky equipment (DSLAM) cannot deal with your connection for whatever reason.

IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWWIL
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Now TV
      Thanks

just means you have no IP address...due to exchange issue or router issue, simple!!

also, any reason to drag up a nearly-2-year-old thread??
      -------------------------------------------

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12