Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Delivery of Router

This is a discussion on Delivery of Router within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; The other thing I want to mention about the CityLink card they leave is that it's worded so that you ...

cprompt is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: (Bristol) SSEAV
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Delivery of Router

The other thing I want to mention about the CityLink card they leave is that it's worded so that you think the only option you have is to re-arrange delivery for another day which is no good if you're out at work each day. The number they leave on the card goes through to an automated system that only lets you re-arrange delivery.
      My advice is:
      Phone the national customer services number for CityLink. (Google it)
      Ask if you can pick up from your local depot.
      Customer services will give you a reference number which allows you to pick up the parcel and warns the depot concerned you are coming to collect.
      Visit the depot concerned to get your router. The one I had to go to was open until 7pm.
      That should really all be on the yellow card as an option but obviously CityLink don't want to make it that easy!

2. Advertisement
      sc0tsman is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: livingston
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Obviously the sales person had no idea how to send it to an alternative address as this is a basic task as far as i have been told

As for the Connect activating and sub fees of 40/17 these prices are indeed correct as your exchange won't be getting upgraded until August at the earliest.

The 20/5 connect package exchanges will be upgraded on or before July.

ChuckNorris is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: TileHill
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sc0tsman View Post
      Obviously the sales person had no idea how to send it to an alternative address as this is a basic task as far as i have been told

As for the Connect activating and sub fees of 40/17 these prices are indeed correct as your exchange won't be getting upgraded until August at the earliest.

The 20/5 connect package exchanges will be upgraded on or before July.
      A sky slesperson not knowing what they are talking about? i would never believe it!

I have got the tracking number and it is via parceline.
      Not been collected yet apparently! Once it is i will try to convice them to deliver to my work as it is not too far away! if not then i'll collect it from the depot after failed delivery!

I have recieved my adapter now though

thanks for al the help guys!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12