Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Line activated or not

This is a discussion on Line activated or not within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi first post so here go's. Signed up for sky connect on the 19/01/07, sky said line will be switch ...

richcfc is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: carmarthen
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Line activated or not

Hi first post so here go's. Signed up for sky connect on the 19/01/07, sky said line will be switch from orange on 31/01/07. Bt tracker confirms that this has been done, got a sms from sky tonight 01/02/07 saying welcome to sky broadband but im still able to connect to orange. Not received the sky router yet (sky messed that up). Is this the normal procedure or is there something up. Hope I have explaind this ok. Thanks for any help on this.

Rich

2. Advertisement
      Alan b is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: 2 x Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Line activated or not

When I migrated from BT to Sky (also on Connect) my BT access stopped working and at the time I couldn't connect to Sky as guess what they had not sent me my router either. I would have thought if you had migrated your Orange connection should stop ??

dtr44 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: halfway wshal
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

i would imagine u aint on sky yet [as soon as ur changed over your orange account shouldn't work [ie ur orange password and sign on wont be recognised and sky's will]leave it for a day or 2 as i know of 3 people who are meant to be activated but theyre not [not just sky but aol as well]i think the engineer is clearing his work but it's not being input to next day [could be wrong,but it seems to fit]

richcfc is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: carmarthen
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Hi just read in another thread that its possible to have two connections at once ie: orange and sky, as orange wont disconnect till the end of the 28 day notice period. has anyone else any experience of this, still not received my sky router yet so cant test this.