Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Microfilter setup

This is a discussion on Microfilter setup within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; I'm online and it's all working... but two weeks in, it's suddenly struck me that I have two microfilters out ...

hermann is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stockport
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Microfilter setup

I'm online and it's all working... but two weeks in, it's suddenly struck me that I have two microfilters out of the three provided just sitting in the box... so do I have the correct setup?!

Microfilter plugged in to master socket and the router is plugged into the microfilter router input. I have my phone plugged into the Sky Box splitter which is then plugged in the microfilter phone input.

Phone works, Sky works and router works all at the same time, so there's no apparent issue... but is that correct?

I only ask because I'm trying to work out why Caller Display on my BT phones no longer works and I'm running out of ideas. It doesn't work when the phone is direct to the socket either so it can't be that I guess. Have dialled *#001# to see what services are on the line and it says Caller Display is not active but BT tell me it is active.
      Last edited by hermann; 01-02-07 at 02:51 AM.

2. Advertisement
      stephens is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Microfilter setup

As you say when you dial *#001# it says it is not active it appears the problem is at your end. If it would have said it was active, I would say you may need 2 microfilters connected together for the phone. Think you will have to pester BT a bit more

hermann is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stockport
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Indeed, I think another call is needed!

Maybe the system is messsed up - I cancelled Caller Display on my line as I was paying for it - then I saw about BT Privacy which allows free caller display, so I triggered BT Privacy. Caller Display stopped working thereafter - it did work originally with my microfilter setup so not sure what's going on.

I received a letter this morning explaining that the call features I activated on the 24th Jan will be 3.50 per month. I only activated BT Privacy and it says this in my account. Tonight, they confirmed that I have nothing on the line which I will be paying for so not sure why I got the letter.

Strangely, when I call *#001# it says Call Diversion is active... and I've never had that and they've confirmed twice in the last week that it's not active.

I think I'll just go straight to the fault line people because each time I contact customer services, they say a slightly different thing and even 'you can't have free caller display just because you have BT Privacy'. I will get my caller display BT, I will!

Hoagie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Gedling (EMGDDLI)
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

The single microfilter setup usually works fine. I think the caller ID issue is nothing to do with that.