Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Problems Already

This is a discussion on Problems Already within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; I gave my MAC code to sky and registerd with them last Monday and its been 9 days and I ...

hardhousehead is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Hardingstone
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Problems Already

I gave my MAC code to sky and registerd with them last Monday and its been 9 days and I still have not had a activation date or router. So I called them up and they said the BT system has problerms seeing the SKY order. So they have escalated my order to make it go through "faster". I will be [censored] off if the order dont go through by 2morra and then AOL say to me I gotta pay for the remainder months of my contract as I diidnt migrate before 1st Febuary. Has anyone else had a problem like this?

2. Advertisement
      dtr44 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: halfway wshal
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: Problems Already

you may have to tell aol that u need another month [if it is the 1st ur pay away day ]mac only lasts 30 days if not used u stay with ur provider [ie aol] i doubt sky will fix it by tommorow as they are relying on bt to changeover ur adsl to sky [and bt aint breaking their necks to do this [usually 10-15 working days ]go onto sky and ask what theyre gonna do about it mention a rebate or a free month see what they say
      good luck

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I got my mac on monday the 22nd so its not going to expire till the 19th febuary but AOL have told me that If I dont migrate before 1st feb I will have to pay till june for the rest if my contract. Il call sky and tell them that but I dont think it will help.

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I just called them today and they said my activation date was today and my line is active. Now this is funny cause im still on AOL and my connection has not gone down and I aint got my router yet which means if my aol connection does stop before I get my router then Il be without internet untill I get the router. I should have never have joined sky :-(

Also I checked on BT order tracking and nothing has apperd on there either so go figure.
      Last edited by hardhousehead; 01-02-07 at 02:06 PM.