Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Moving To Sky

This is a discussion on Moving To Sky within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi folks Currently with Pipex and I've had enough of their traffic shaping so have decided to shop around and ...

Gaman is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Culverhouse (Cardiff)
      Broadband ISP: Starting Transfer Process...
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Moving To Sky

Hi folks

Currently with Pipex and I've had enough of their traffic shaping so have decided to shop around and after a few hours reading through all the useful information here (thanks btw) have decided to give Sky MAX a bash!

Pipex can't tell me when my contract runs out... only that it's "sometime in February" So I've gone ahead and ordered my MAC code today and just need to work out when best to place my order. I've read a fair bit about delays to orders but couldn't see anything about the average time although I probably just didn't look in the right place... Could anyone give me an idea of the lead time so I can work out when best to place my order? Really don't want to pay Pipex another penny if I can help it

Thanks

/edit sorry the other thing I meant to ask was that line checks show the best I can get is 8MB service, so should I just sign up for that or is there any chance I could get 16MB? I'm only 1KM from my exchange and I wandered if it was just a case of outdated information?
      Last edited by Gaman; 31-01-07 at 02:47 PM.

2. Advertisement
      Gaman is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Culverhouse (Cardiff)
      Broadband ISP: Starting Transfer Process...
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Moving To Sky

Sorry just found the sticky with all the set up time info in it so just ignore the first question