Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Thinking of changing

This is a discussion on Thinking of changing within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi all, I am thinking of changing to SKY Max. I have searched here and other placed but got conflicting ...

Everso is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0191
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Thinking of changing

Hi all,

I am thinking of changing to SKY Max. I have searched here and other placed but got conflicting information so thought I would ask here for a hopefully more direct anwser.

1) I am a heavy bit torrent user - do Sky cap speed or anything else if you DL 24/7

2) I am considering hosting my own web and mail server on a spare pc at home. These should be low bandwith applications so should nto attract attention but the question is will it be possible? I know there are issue like not forwarding port 80, no static IP etc. Has anyone else done this and if so how did you get round these issues.

Thanks in advance
      Everso

2. Advertisement
      lee2007 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

Re: Thinking of changing

im on max, im not a heavy torrent user but -when i was connected at 8mps i had a torrent max out at 750kps (even took a photo lol) im now connected at16mps but im yet to download since i have been on the 16mb. so im going to see a min of 1000kbps torrent download (infact im going to see around 1300kbp as my download speeds are 13.5 mps on my 16 meg coneection, of course there needs to be plenty of seeds etc to enable you to get those download speeds)

as far as i know there is no capping on download limits, the figure of 250gig seems to be dooing the rounds now.