Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

What shall i do??

This is a discussion on What shall i do?? within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi I have just called up aol to get a mac code but before they gave it me they offered ...

kbv1 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: VM XL 20mb
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

What shall i do??

Hi

I have just called up aol to get a mac code but before they gave it me they offered me platinum which is upto 8mg for the price of silver. (17.99) But i dont know if i should take this offer or move to skybb for 5 p/m but with ony 40gb usage. It seems a good offer from sky and people have said speeds are better but dont know if i will go over the 40gb usage. Do you this its worth me just staying with aol and taking up there package, but it means another 12month contract. I said i will call back to make my decission. im currently on silver 1mg but only receving 467kb. so crap speed really for what im payng for. OR do you think i should hold it out on silver (im in no commitment) until June when my exchange get LLU so i can move to sky for the max unlimited?

Help me please,lol

2. Advertisement
      lowmans is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: werrington
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: What shall i do??

I'm on Connect @ 5/month and my exchange is due to be LLU'd before July. I haven't had any problems with the 40GB cap and if you do a seach on this forum I am sure there is a thread that suggests that Sky aren't actioning over usage at the moment. Personally I'd rather have the 12.99 a month saving in my bank account and speeds better than 467kb.

Exchange:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lowmans View Post
      I'm on Connect @ 5/month and my exchange is due to be LLU'd before July. I haven't had any problems with the 40GB cap and if you do a seach on this forum I am sure there is a thread that suggests that Sky aren't actioning over usage at the moment. Personally I'd rather have the 12.99 a month saving in my bank account and speeds better than 467kb.

are you able to use p2p without any problems? what d/l rates are you getting when using it if you do? who where you previously with?

lowmans is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: werrington
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

P2P downloads are okay I suppose, I don't get the superfast speed that the LLU's Sky Max guys get, but I have no real complaints. D/L speed all depends on the number of peers & seeds. Sometimes I get 40/50kbs downloads other times I max out at over 300kbs (I sync at 4.5MB and get at ~3-3.5MB). P2P D/L speed on the Connect package depends how you have set up your client (utorrent), forwarded ports on your router and sometimes the time of day. But to be honest I'm happy with my downloads and I am usually downloading something everyday (despite the 40GB cap)

Sky are my first ISP as I haven't really bothered with home PC's since I have a works laptop. But the kids are getting older and I got a cheap desktop through a works scheme and at 5 per month .

Exchange:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

i think im gonna swap then, aol have pi$$Ed me off to the point i dont care about p2p,lol ill need some help to port forward and stuff to get p2p up and running and stuff,lol