Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

please please please help me

This is a discussion on please please please help me within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; god what a day ive had, first i rung bt to get my MAC code, they have told me i ...

bulldog is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: WNCSN
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

please please please help me

god what a day ive had, first i rung bt to get my MAC code, they have told me i dont need one as sky max is on an llu server and i dont need it to migrate as its a different system to theres (llu)and sky dont use there equitment.
      I got some real (excuse my french) snoty cow when i said can you give me one and i will sort it out with sky put me on hold.
      When she came back she told me the service was down and she had spoke to the manager and to ring back in 24 to 48 hours.
      so i asked to speak to the manager, when he came on i pointed out that under the conditions of ofcom the mac code is to insure a smotth trasition between isp.
      He told me i was right and asked me what company i was going to and the package, i replied the max and he said the same thing.
      I said so you are telling me i am going to be delaye then he replied i cant say that you will have to take it up with your new isp.
      I asked him how long the sytem to gererate the mac codes had been down, he said since 13:00 when he started work i ask him how long it would be down he said he cant say.
      I sad i will phone sky check his info and if its wrong i will email ofcom, am i getting the run around or what?
      i tried phoning sky got through only to find i could'nt hear the operater as she sounded like she was under water.
      hellllllllllllllllllllppppppppppppppppppppp PLEASE

2. Advertisement
      Wheelie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stanmore LWSTAN
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: please please please help me

Hi bulldog

It is true that its no good to Migrate but they are talking rubbish that you don't need one, the MAC is required to cease your IPStream package when you are moved to LLU and SkyBB give it to BTW when they place your order.

Only people that don't need a MAC are LLU to LLU as a cease is required to move.

Call them back until they sort it out I would.

Good luck mate.
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

If you would like to know the straight line distance to your exchange then
      click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

BJBaker is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01256
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
      god what a day ive had, first i rung bt to get my MAC code, they have told me i dont need one as sky max is on an llu server and i dont need it to migrate as its a different system to theres (llu)and sky dont use there equitment.
      I got some real (excuse my french) snoty cow when i said can you give me one and i will sort it out with sky put me on hold.
      When she came back she told me the service was down and she had spoke to the manager and to ring back in 24 to 48 hours.
      so i asked to speak to the manager, when he came on i pointed out that under the conditions of ofcom the mac code is to insure a smotth trasition between isp.
      He told me i was right and asked me what company i was going to and the package, i replied the max and he said the same thing.
      I said so you are telling me i am going to be delaye then he replied i cant say that you will have to take it up with your new isp.
      I asked him how long the sytem to gererate the mac codes had been down, he said since 13:00 when he started work i ask him how long it would be down he said he cant say.
      I sad i will phone sky check his info and if its wrong i will email ofcom, am i getting the run around or what?
      i tried phoning sky got through only to find i could'nt hear the operater as she sounded like she was under water.
      hellllllllllllllllllllppppppppppppppppppppp PLEASE
      OK, this is not unusual for an ISP to prevaricate when you ask for a MAC, they don't want to loose your payments.

They have a legal obligation to supply a MAC on request. SKY cannot switch you over until you have one.

You ISP absolutely must provide it. I had the same problem with PLUS.net and sent repeated emails, at about 30 minute intervals after they ignored the first couple of requests, stating that I really would be leaving them, that I wanted a MAC and PDQ at that, and that I would be pursuing them for damages and costs in the local County Court if they didn't act really soon. I got one about thirty minutes later.

Give your ISP a good booting and demand a MAC without any more screwing around on their part.

SKY Broadband help is a) in India and b) very variable. I had grief getting started and spoke, expensively, to two or three different operators who had a modest command only of Bombay Welsh. On the third attempt I got a male technician who knew what he was talking about and he solved the setup problems swiftly. Keep trying, middle of the night UK time is good, until you get a guy who knows his job and you'll be up and running in no time.

It's been going a while now and is cheap swift and OK. Persevere.

Barry

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Hey thanks guys for the info and ive just talked to a real nice lady from sky that has said the same thing.
      She was discusted at the treatment i got and has give me some real good advice and we have set up my account, but i need to get my mac code.
      Look out BT tommorow . she did say the system does go down but they have to supply me with a mac.
      she has set it up and i need to sort them out ive been with bt along time but the way they have treated me today they can kiss my ass (sos)
      thanks to that sky advisor i have a better idea off what they should have done, BT affriad of loosing custom you should be trating people like that .

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Yep a lot of ISP's hate loosing customers and try all sorts to retain them.

Anyway good luck with your order and I hope get your MAC sooner rather than later.
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

yodasarmpit is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

There is no legal obligation for BT to give you your MAC, it is a voluntary scheme that BT and a number of ISP's have signed up to.
      Although if they do refuse they are in breach of the code of practice to the MAC scheme they have signed up to, and Ofcom may take measures to rectify the issue.

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Yes well that will change very soon when the new rules form Ofcom for MAC Codes comes into force on the 14th Feb and not before time either
      Ray

click here

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Thanks for all the advice, ive have beat bt at their own game, thanks to the sky advicer and to all your advice.
      I decided to ring bt again and asked them for my mac code (I MADE A MISTAKE).
      They ask me what price I was going to pay (TO MY MISTAKE) I said 10 They said sky ect ect.
      I realised quick my mistake and said that doesn't matter can you supply me with my mac code.
      He gave it straight a way (NO QUESTIONS ASKED FOR A SERVICE THAT WAS DOWN I GOT IT QUICK ENOUGH).
      Ive set up my account up with sky engineer aranged, date set and bt can kiss my ASS!!
      Thanks for all your help, thanks for the advice from sky i hope the migration goes well.
      Cheers mike

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
      Thanks for all the advice, ive have beat bt at their own game, thanks to the sky advicer and to all your advice.
      I decided to ring bt again and asked them for my mac code (I MADE A MISTAKE).
      They ask me what price I was going to pay (TO MY MISTAKE) I said 10 They said sky ect ect.
      I realised quick my mistake and said that doesn't matter can you supply me with my mac code.
      He gave it straight a way (NO QUESTIONS ASKED FOR A SERVICE THAT WAS DOWN I GOT IT QUICK ENOUGH).
      Ive set up my account up with sky engineer aranged, date set and bt can kiss my ASS!!
      Thanks for all your help, thanks for the advice from sky i hope the migration goes well.
      Cheers mike
      Service down my ass

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Well thats good news mate and good luck with your move

no more asses please
      Ray

click here

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast