Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Dead advice needed please

This is a discussion on Dead advice needed please within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi I wonder if a few of you would mind giving me a bit of advice from your past experiences. ...

Member5066 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

Dead advice needed please

Hi

I wonder if a few of you would mind giving me a bit of advice from your past experiences.

I was due to be switched to max package on the 26th Jan from my current ISP and whilst I have lost connectivity with my old ISP I have none with Sky.

I called BB tech support in the today to advise it hadent gone live and the lady who struggled through her script somewhat confused said something about tie cables ? she was reading this from the screen after running a test.

She also did a tone test and as I heard none she agreed despite BT closing the order to change to LLU off it was disconected at some point somewhere.

she raised a ticket with the support people and claimed they would pass it on to BT .

advice please,

1/ Has anyone ever had this fault fixed by sky / BT If so whats the average time you guys and gals recon.?

2/ My Cease (current Non LLU ISP) is not until 31st Jan has this any bearing with the fault?.

3/ Having read some posts on here it does not look very hopeful so should I

a/ Cancel and hope they take the marker off the line - do they ever get around to telling BTw you have cancelled and your line is free ? if so how long do you recon this takes on average?

b/ Ask for a MAC to go elsewhere do they issue them if so how long?

c/ Stick with it and esculate but who too CS dident rally want to know when I called back this afternoon.

4/ Try ceasing my phone line in the hope that clears the marker and reproviding it as a new number but could the marker still exist?

Sorry its so long winded ..........

Thanks....

2. Advertisement
      Wheelie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stanmore LWSTAN
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Dead advice needed please

Welcome to the site Member5066

There are a lot of other members in the same boat as you sorry to say so all you can really do is keep calling them to get it sorted out or wait and see if they do get it fixed asap.

As for all the questions

1. Read comment above
      2. No bearing on it at all chances are BT have caused this problem themselves.
      3. Every case is different though they may sound the same from the post you have read.
      a. It should take up-to 15 days to clear but you never know
      b. A MAC code would of no use to you unless you were on the Connect package as that uses the BT networks IPStream, Max is LLU.
      c. Thats a good option I would be demanding to speak to the Provisioning team or to Sky's Customer Relations Team.
      4. I am not sure I would want to go down that route myself new lines do cost.

Good luck
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

If you would like to know the straight line distance to your exchange then
      click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

Adder is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I had tie cable trouble..Took just over 7 weeks to sort out..I was one of the lucky ones.

All the best
      Adder.

MrStabby is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

If the tone test is failing then it means either:
      A) You've not been jumpered to the correct equipment in the exchange
      B) The equipment you've been jumpered to in the exchange is faulty.

A. is *far* more usual that B.

It sounds as if the person you were speaking to has dealt with the problem correcty and raised a ticket for Tier 2 which will result in a fault being opened with BT. The SLA for BT faults is 5 working days, however most faults like this are fixed within 2 days (not just working ones).
      Last edited by MrStabby; 28-01-07 at 06:47 PM.

Member5066 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MrStabby View Post
      If the tone test is failing then it means either:
      A) You've not been jumpered to the correct equipment in the exchange
      B) The equipment you've been jumpered to in the exchange is faulty.

A. is *far* more usual that B.

It sounds as if the person you were speaking to has dealt with the problem correctly and raised a ticket for Tier 2 which will result in a fault being opened with BT. The SLA for BT faults is 5 working days, however most faults like this are fixed within 2 days (not just working ones).
      Spoke to Tier 2 On Sunday it appears the BT fault was raised and closed off and still does not work, so on Monday Afternoon another fault has been raised and I happen to know BT have this in a pending state awaiting CO-OP but CO-Op from Who ?????? Called Tier1 Monday night to get BT kicked into action and they said they knew nothing about the New BT fault ref been in pending state and it was work in progress so this looks like it will fail to be fixed again, now after been told by Tier 2 that they are only allowed to raise 2 faults with BT then its Tier 3 or a cease and re-provide I really want OUT so how is the best way to get out of the loop and escape without waiting 4-8 weeks for a cease to be issued? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

I have to say the Tier 2 and 1 night staff I have been dealing with ( I am also on nights) have been very helpful and very friendly as well as polite but with all there best will in the world and genuine good wishes we are going around in a loop and I will be wanting OUT at the end of the week.

Many thanks for your help / comments in advance as to how to escape...

agentwalker is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

i'm in the same boat as you mate with exactly the same problem only mine was due for the 5th of Jan , I went round and round from T1 to T3 to Service recover and get no nowhere with their attempts to sort the problem.

In the end Service recovery reccomended I contact my current ISP and tell them to cease to connection and remove all markers from the line , then I've got to place a re-order with sky.

my cease is due for tomorrow but my old isp cut me off last thursdayso at the moment i'm on dialup

I reccomend you contact service recovery and speak to Ian he seems to know his stuff and will get things moving and keep you updated unlike some of the other people who work for sky.