Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Activated a week now and still no Connection

This is a discussion on Activated a week now and still no Connection within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; My activation date was the 19th Jan and on that day my BT broadband cut off in the afternoon. I ...

Speiro is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Question Activated a week now and still no Connection

My activation date was the 19th Jan and on that day my BT broadband cut off in the afternoon. I connected the Sky router up and all the relevant lights lit up. Installed the software up to a certain point (not the v/checker though) then it did the line test and said it was not ready. Spoke to TS on Sunday twice and did the usual checks. Error code 300 on the sky test. There is no IP address either. On the BT tracking page I have the MAC code release confirmed on the 10th, LLU LINE SHARE PSTN confirmed on the 19th and then a CEASE (ADSL) BT IPSTREAM HOME 2000 on the 24th. There is also another line with "no date yet" and "no detail". I still have no net connection and an error 300 and have yet to have a call back from tier 3. The router lights are on and according to the router there was a 13025 downstream on the ADSL stats last night.
      Any suggestions people? The router does work fine as I tried it round my mates house and it connected straight away.

Thanks

2. Advertisement
      gareth824 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: BE
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Smile Re: Activated a week now and still no Connection

Hi Speiro,

I had the same problem but not as long as yours. I was due to be activated on the 24th. My AOL connection went dead on the 24th so I plugged in the Sky router and nothing happened.

I did the Sky Test and it just said error code 300. I rang Sky and they said I had been activated that day. I noticed my router was saying connected at over 13500 but no IP address or other information.

I rang Sky again and we went through the basics of resetting the router by pushing a pen in the back of it and during the call I actually got web pages up but there was no ADSL light which the Sky rep could not understand.

After I put the phone down the damn thing went off so I kept resetting it and it would come on for a while the go off but as always no Green light.

Late last night I noticed that if I had a download going it was not cutting out so I loaded a large film file on BitComet late last night and went to bed to see if it would stay on over night.

Got up this morning and still connected and all the correct lights are now on.

I know this does not help but give it a try. Keep resetting the router and watch for it getting an IP address.

I hope you get it sorted soon. I know it's very frustrating.

Good luck.

Speiro is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Smile Re: Activated a week now and still no Connection

Quick update.
      I sent an e-mail to Tech support on Saturday afternoon from a friends PC with all the details and received a call yesterday afternoon from Tier 3 TS. An extremely helpful woman spent time to get it sorted. There was a stale session and the line had to be capped at 12 meg but all seems OK at the moment. Had to reboot the router last night as pages were not loading but we're getting there. I had actually missed one call from her and my other half said I would be back in ten minutes and she did phone me back. 10 out of 10 for the T3 service I got.

BJBaker is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01256
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Activated a week now and still no Connection

Similar problems here, the SKY support should be able to help if you have the patience. Don't be fobbed off by the Bombay Welsh speaking "Ladies" who first answer. Insist on speaking to a technician who will guide you through the setup procedure. A good time to try is in the middle of the night, way after midnight, be firm and polite and you should get going OK.
      Barry