Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Cant connect to router

This is a discussion on Cant connect to router within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Sky BB was activated yesterday however I was unable to get internet connection. I discovered that my Network adaptor was ...

DHR
      DHR is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01236
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Cant connect to router

Sky BB was activated yesterday however I was unable to get internet connection. I discovered that my Network adaptor was disabled and when this was enabled then I was able to get a connection however this soon didappeared and I have been unable to connect since. It would appear that email is downloading so I think the router is connecting to sky. The problem seems to be the connection from the router to the PC. I am using the LAN cable.

Any ideas?

PS. Windows XP is also asking for a reactivation, presumably because I have added the Network adaptor. Is this significant?

2. Advertisement
      jennifer is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LocksH
      Broadband ISP: O2
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Foxsat HDR
      Thanks

Re: Cant connect to router

Depending on your PC - when I enable my wired LAN from my taskbar, it only stays active until re-boot. To enable it permanently I have to enter my PCs setup utility, (Acer e-management in my case).

It is said that any hardware changes causes Windows XP to need re-activation for which the kindly Microsoft give you 30 days to phone them.

I have added memory and changed my hard drive and never had to re-activate

Jennifer