Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 63k members.

Am I just being lied to ?

This is a discussion on Am I just being lied to ? within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; I was originally activated on 12th Sept and had nearly three months of unstable or capped service until I finally ...

Mr Angry is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Putney, London
      Broadband ISP:
      Sky TV:

Am I just being lied to ?

I was originally activated on 12th Sept and had nearly three months of unstable or capped service until I finally convinced sky to do a tie pair shift. Coincidentally (or perhaps not) in the first week of december when they were scheduled do do this the service went completely dead. I was told at the time that this was a "good sign" as it meant they were doing something at the exchange.

I personally think they either screwed up the tie pair shift or shifted me from a badly working card to one that's completely kaput and got that impression that there could be some truth in this from at least one of the people at Tier 3 around that time - but if there's a techie out there who thinks I'm the one talking bunk, happy to be corrected.

I've had numerous conversations since with Tier 3 who (to be fair) have told me consistently that first up they thought it was a cabling issue at the exchange and that they've had someone go in to confirm this its a cabling issue.

The problem seems to be actually bothering to fix it in some kind of timely fashion and during each call I have with them they go off and speak to another team called fault (mis)mnagement (at least this is what they tell me they do) and then tell me "it will be done shortly", "there's an engineer physically in the exchange today", or "its scheduled to be done tomorrow afternoon" etc - and so the long weeks wear on !

Be very interested if anyone out there knows if this team does actually exist or are they just putting me on hold, making a cuppa, and then making up a story. Or if they do exist - are they known for their incompetence ?

Also, in the unlikely event they are doing something in the exchange - are they sending their own engineer in or should something show up on the BT order checker ? It'd me nice to be able to check.

Whilst I've come to appreciate that they don't give a damn about me as a customer I've been told a number of times that this problem is a multi-user one affecting everyone on my card at the exchange (75 people ?).

So last question is - is there anyone else in Putney who's been having the same trouble or is this just one more lie to add to the list ??

2. Advertisement
      Suffering Sam is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 952
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Sky TV:

Re: Am I just being lied to ?

No. You are being "TRUTH CHALLENGED" which Sky team has perfected into a fine art.

Welcome on board. 5 months and still not activated. Blooming tie pairs have gone flying to find other pairs and dont reside in the exchange that should be connecting to our Broadband, despite being changed many times.

Need I say more?

Hoagie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Gedling (EMGDDLI)
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD

Re: Am I just being lied to ?

I had 3 months of similar stories. I gave up and apparently two days after my Cease date, the exchange was fixed.

Basically there's no time limit to how long this goes on for. My advice would be to send a nice polite "I Quit" e-mail to james murdoch outlining the story so far. Then find an ISP who can get things done. Unfortunately until the sky Cease date there's not much you can do.