Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Cannot Get Sky Connect!!!ed

This is a discussion on Cannot Get Sky Connect!!!ed within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Well I got the following reply from sky, which is no help at all : Dear Mr Warren Thank you ...

wozie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Cannot Get Sky Connect!!!ed

Well I got the following reply from sky, which is no help at all :

Dear Mr Warren

Thank you for your email which has been passed for my attention.

I was concerned to learn of the problems that you have experienced regarding Sky Broadband. Accordingly, you have my sincere apologies.

Our line checker is run off of a BT database, and when we try to perform a check on your line, we are informed that it is a fibre-optic line. I have been in contact with BT Wholesale, who have advised that their systems indicate this also.

I should advise that this system that BT use may be incorrect, however, we are unable to ask BT to change this, due to the restrictions of the data protection act.

I would recommend that you contact BT on 150 to ask them if they can update their records. I should advise that they will have more than one system that may state different things.

I am sorry I cannot offer a more favourable response, if I can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me on the details shown.

I rephone BT Wholesale and they still say everything is OK from their end, phoned Bt retail and they can progress an order no problem - I wrote back to sky askinfg who they are talking to at BT wholesale so I can contact them myself - no response so far

2. Advertisement
      jasonshirt is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: wath
      Broadband ISP: conect
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Hi Wozie,

I have also sent an email to the customers service dept and Mr Murdoch himself!!

I will see what they have to say to me.

Maybe we should start a petition!!

CHeers

Jase

jasonshirt is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: wath
      Broadband ISP: conect
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Reply from Sky

WOT (Waste of Time)

Thank you for your recent contact.

Firstly let me apologise for any inconvenience that has been caused. Please allow me to clarify matters.

I have undertaken a check on your line and I can confirm that as your telephone line is fibre optic based, we are unable to process a Sky Broadband order for your telephone line.

Once your lines are changed from fibre optic to copper, we would be in a position to assist you. Therefore, should you wish to proceed with Sky Broadband, please contact BT to arrange for the lines to be changed from fibre optic to copper.

We want all our customers to get the best service possible and I'm sorry that you feel let down in this instance.

Should you require further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me at the undernoted address. Alternatively call our Customer Services team on 08702 404040.

With kind regards

Julie Moore

Customer Relations

SO seems like a vicious circle.

Anyone no any other cheap BBand providers?

snake is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

this is @jasonshirt. Man i am really sorry this has all come about but maybe perhaps u could e-mail skys response to BT and wait on a reply from them because as i had stated before in one of my posts to urself the lines do belong to BT and sky really don't have any real power to change ur line from fibre to copper. Its entirely up to urself man what way u go about all this. Unfortunately sky are the cheapest ISP out there at the minute.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12