Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Tech help please

This is a discussion on Tech help please within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; thanks mate bt it is then...

agentwalker is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Tech help please

thanks mate bt it is then

2. Advertisement
      snake is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Your very welcome my friend once you have contacted BT get back to me let me know wat they say the feedback would be of great interest to me
      Last edited by NewsreadeR; 24-01-07 at 07:49 PM.

Exchange:
      Thanks

Well tried BT this morning about removing the marker on the line for Nildram but they just said i've got to arrange for Nildram or sky to contact BT and do it.

So more waiting is a foot.....

Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Rite ok i had a funny feeling BT would try to refer yourself to your old isp or your excisting isp. If you contact nildram and insist they contact BT to remove the marker they will have to do this as you are paying BT for line rental so therefore you are entitled to have things removed from your line. However you can't contact sky to remove this marker as they will only remove there own. I know this is a hassle and annoying but it is imperative that you do get that marker removed from your line otherwise you are not going to get the sky broadband service. So next thing to do is contact nildram tell them you want them to remove that marker of your line they will do a line check to see there is a marker there then in theory they will tell you it will be off your line in 24-48 hours. Let me know how it goes
      Last edited by NewsreadeR; 24-01-07 at 07:48 PM.

Exchange:
      Thanks

sent an email earlier to Nildram asking that they cancel my account with themselves and remove any markers they they have placed on my line as it's causing problems with sky bb taking over the connection.

I've received no response back from Nilldram, however when I now look at the line checkers at samknows and prodigy its saying:

"you are in a broadband enabled area.
      However, it appears there is currently a "cease" order in progress on your line. Once this clears you will be able to order a new broadband service."

Not sure if this is a good thing or not but don't look like its just a marker removal more a entire removal of any adsl connection

Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Yeah sounds like someone has made a mess up somewhere along the lines with your order you may need to re-submit your order again. With this marker being on your line this has caused a few problems for ya. You could always contact sky order status and ask them why a cease has been put on your line they may want you to re-submit your order.

Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Just on my last there mate u may want to consider also contacting BT again because they would have put the cease on your line they will have records on there system for this.

Exchange:
      Thanks

yeah it does looked screwed up to me , i've sent another email to Nildram to see if its them that's started this cease order.

But speaking to Bt over the last couple of days there useless and on the online BT checker I can see 4 orders for my land line, 1 relating to LLU however you tell BT this on the phone and they say they can't see any orders on my line, so I quote them the order number and still nothing

at the moment I thinking about just letting this cease go through then start from scratch, as at the moment i'm going back and forth between bt, sky spending god knows how many hours on the phone and getting no where really.
      At least with this cease I can replace an order with sky and get it installed again without the complication of having another isp on the line.

and to top it off I tried today to get some sort of refund on the calls i've been making through Customer support and got transferred to their India call centre or where ever it is and had a good 15 min conversation with some guy who hardly understudy a word I was on about then proceeded to argue with me about the phone number for T3 support which I have been using successfully for a number of days, but apparently the guy says that's not the correct number lol

Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

It may be a better idea to let the cease take its toll sounds like a better idea and i never knew T3 have a direct number i know however that if u ring tech support after 11 u will go directly to T3 cause they are 24/7 like. See what ur old isp says first and i total understand what u mean about BT i use to be wif them and they whern't alot of help but u do need to be a bit pushy wif them to get anything done. Keep me posted on the e-mail man

EDIT: Snake, please don't use quote for every post - it just clutters up the forum.
      Last edited by Saturday; 24-01-07 at 09:33 PM. Reason: Removed full quote of preceding post

hspurs is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Hi all update on my problem spoke sky tech last night was up to tier 3 help. but tier 1 told me my problem is solved i told them i still have not got a ip address .I got a bit irate with the indian girl who wanted me to through all the stages again. so ask to speak to supervisor she said he would ring. 10.30 last night he rang told him still had pipex on my line and could access internet through them. but not sky. He said that should not happen has thier computer is telling them im connected to sky. anyway said he would look into my problem and ring me tommorrow. He rang me at 5pm today said i need to cancel broadband with order status and rejoin after 6 feb has there was a tag on my line and pipex wont move it tell then. Rang order status to cancel sky broadband they said you need to cancellations who said i cannot cancel has i im under contract for a 12 months so im stuck . Going to ring tech support again
      Last edited by hspurs; 25-01-07 at 12:00 AM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast