Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Is Sky Broadband as bad as this for everyone?

This is a discussion on Is Sky Broadband as bad as this for everyone? within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi I'm looking for some pointers as to what I should do to get my sky broadband sorted out. I'm ...

kirstywirsty is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Paisley
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Is Sky Broadband as bad as this for everyone?

Hi

I'm looking for some pointers as to what I should do to get my sky broadband sorted out. I'm in the Paisley exchange which mean that I was without Broadband for 3 months while they ripped out and re-built the exchange and in December I was jumping for joy as the internet light finally came on but the broadband service is TERRIBLE!

When I switch on my pc it is rare for an internet connection to be available so I connect to the router, check the ip address is displayed, check the internet connection is available (which it often is not even though the router displays an ip address) and often have to restart the router and then the pc to get a connection - which often disappears mid-session

Is this a hardware problem with the router or are there still ongoing problems with the Paisley exchange? I'm supposed to be on the 1MB speed but when I do have a connection it is brutally slow..

Any help would be gratefully received - I'm about ready to throw in the towel and go back to BT

Thanks

Kirsteen

2. Advertisement
      Saturday is offline Sky User Super Mod
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: Is Sky Broadband as bad as this for everyone?

(Thread moved to more appropriate forum)

A small but significant number of customers have a bad time with Sky. A very small number are unable to get their problems resolved - frankly, Sky support whilst generally OK can at times be useless.

This forum has helped many people (hundreds I would think) solve their connection problems. In most (not all) instances this proves to be connection issues outside Sky's control. If however you are still suffering from an exchange problem then only Sky will be able to sort this out for you.

If you would like help you will need to give us more information. Please start by posting your router connection stats. Ideally, one set from the socket you normally connect with and another from the test socket which you will find behind the faceplate of your master socket (assuming you have an NTE5).

If you are not sure how to get your router stats you will find instructions here.

Suffering Sam is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 952
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Is Sky Broadband as bad as this for everyone?

In one word, YES. Unless you might end up with the lucky few!