Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Internal System Order problem

This is a discussion on Internal System Order problem within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hello all, I've made a few posts here and there - been trying to place order since September. At each ...

reech is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Penn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Internal System Order problem

Hello all,

I've made a few posts here and there - been trying to place order since September.

At each stage I've been very nice and polite, and I still intend to honour that, but the current problem has been escalated to their 'internal service team' as there is actually a problem when it comes to ordering Sky BB for me; namely (and probably because of earlier problems with BT \ ordering \ whatever) their own order system brings up an application error when they try and place the order for me.

Unfortunately, this problem doesn't have an SLA, since it is only up to them to fix, so they cannot assist me any further, which is a bit of a let down; I'm wondering if I had been nasty and shouty at the start of the process, I'd be happily connected, but still...

I've called up since I want to make a sincere offer for compensation (for example, them crediting my 20 per month until the problem is fixed; this will mean that my 30 connection with another provider effectively costs 10, until such a time that the problem is sorted.) I decided to be nice and not claim for the problems from Sep-Dec, since these were actually caused by BT.

I think I've got a very sincere reason for contacting 'em to get this sorted out. I work in a company that provides a service for customers, and I know that the last thing to get fixed is the 'internal service' problems - we're always busy making sure the customer side is fixed first. Things like this slip back further and further...

The phone team are lovely, but they cannot help me, and their advice is to use the form on sky.com to submit my offer - unfortunately I can't put that into the 128 character limit that form has *grins*

They cannot give me any email addresses to use, either. Or a phone number to speak to someone who can assist.

I remember way way back in the dawn of time, someone posted an email address either for the service team or for Mr Murdoch; could someone PM it to me?

That would be a great help - I can send them a nice impassioned plea for assistance and \ or payments. I'd much rather be on Sky, as they invited me to over 3 months ago!

2. Advertisement
      Thanks

Re: Internal System Order problem

Hello all,

Sadly, I have received no response to my politely worded emails to CustomerZone or to James Murdoch, which is a pity.

I'm going to phone up again tomorrow, but am distressed to think that since they can't fix it, they're just going to tell me someone is dealing with it, when they really can't help.

I'll post an update when I know more, but - as posted above - it seems that this particular problem is not really an issue they care to resolve; they've obviously got problems enough when the system actually *does* let them order things

We'll see how it goes!

Thanks

An update today!

Apparently, the 'upper' customer care lot (I think that might be Office o' Murdoch) have put in a request to the 'Cordiant' team - I'm assuming that's the name for one of their internal systems, or it's a company that looks after that internal one that's acting up.

Hopefully, that means it'll be fixed in a week...

However - my MAC code expires on 5 February.

I might be better waiting until after then, and grabbing a new mac code? Since it seems this whole mess started up when an expired MAC code was used?

Wheelie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stanmore LWSTAN
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I have just been reading about your problems and from you last post I would say that you are now in the right hands or at least I hope so for your sake.

Good luck
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

If you would like to know the straight line distance to your exchange then
      click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

Thanks

Well, patience is a virtue, and by the fact that I haven't yet threatened to jump up and down, much less do nasty things, I reckon I should be considered for Patron Saint of Broadband Benevolence...

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

You and a couple of other members
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

Thanks

Right - had an email from Office of the Murdoch, and the team there have confirmed that they are addressing the service problem, which stops them ordering it on my account. They can't , unfortunately, place the order manually. Curse these new-fangled computery things.

There's no ETA at the moment, and unfortunately, they aren't going to offer any money off Bit unfair, since I could almost guarantee if I had been shouty and sweary when this first happened in September, I'd probably be connected, and have some money off my account. Ah well!

Still, they've asked me to bear with them for a week, so I'll contact them again next Wednesday (I'll have to request a new MAC code from AOL by then, the current one will have expired) so that should be okay.

Right then - time for more capped browsing on AOL!

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Well at least you have had a reply so lets now hope they can get it all sorted asap

Good luck
      Ray

click here

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Wheelie View Post
      Well at least you have had a reply so lets now hope they can get it all sorted asap
      Good luck
      Sadly not, it looks like even that level lie to customers to keep them quiet

They've rejected my offer for compensation, said they'll fix it, took my order, then I heard nothing for two weeks.

Just called in to check last week - and the pending cancel from October is *still* going on. "It'll take 30 days sir..."

I did point out that I was told that approximately 120 days ago, but sadly the support droid didn't actually have an answer to that particular question, so repeated the same 30 days thing.

I've sent another mail to the james murdoch office, and just had a 'we're looking into it' response exactly the same as the one I got at the start of February - so it's another 'holding pattern' style thing.

Looks like my dreams of 10 fast broadband are not going to live out 2007!

Gaztops is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Wanadoo/Orange
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

You've been very patient putting up with this problem for so long.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast