Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Migration Nightmare

This is a discussion on Migration Nightmare within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; MIGRATION NIGHTMARE I ordered SKY broadband on 6 aug and was promised installation for 17 aug,i gave them my MAC ...

Skysurfer is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: poplar
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Migration Nightmare

MIGRATION NIGHTMARE

I ordered SKY broadband on 6 aug and was promised installation for 17 aug,i gave them my MAC
      from BT.The next day SKY who tried several times to contact me but someone just
      hung up ,so had to contact them told me there was a problem with the exchange and
      my install date would be put on hold .SKY could not tell me when i could get connected
      to them but promised it would be soon.

Then on 16 aug my BT broadband went down ,i rang BT and was told me my line
      was ok and it was my router at fault.I rang NETGEAR who supply my router,after the usual
      checks the router had still failed to connect to BT.

So had to go to PCWORLD to pick up a new NETGEAR router,got home and found that i had
      a connection but i could not log in to BT using my username and password (CHAP FAIL).

I rang BT TECH SUPPORT , which took 20 mins to get a BT advisor and told them my
      problem.Then i was told i did not have a active account and my BT broadband had ceased.

I was hoping to get things sorted but after 40 mins i was cut off.Before ringing back BT
      i thought that i would ring SKY and find out what was going on.They told me my SKY BB
      was not live and i had no connection to them and that my account was still reporting
      a problem with the exchange.

So rang BT TECH SUPPORT ,another 20 min delay and told them my problem again ,more than
      a hour later BT was able to get my account active so i could connect to them.

Still i could not access BT broadband and my router would report a CHAP FAIL.
      So far i had spent 5 hours between SKY,NETGEAR AND BT.Another 5 hours later on the phone
      and still i could not resolve the problem.

The next day i decided to exchange my NETGEAR router ,incase it was faulty but even
      found the this one to report to same CHAP FAIL.

I had to wait a few days while BT would do checks and all came back ok.

9 DAYS later with still no broadband and still no real answers i rang BT in a attempt to
      talk to someone at the highest level.

Someone at BT said i had a split line -and my BB was with another supplier.Then everything
      was beginning to make sense.I could not get BT broadband because put simply SKY had
      taken over my line and i would need to get another MAC
      to get my BT broadband active on the line.

Also SKY had lied to me that i was not connected to them when in fact i was,i told them
      several times i was but if their computers said i was not they could do nothing.

With all the facts to hand i rang SKY and guess what they said?

My service was up and running but for some strange reason did not show that information
      until a high-level user at SKY could access it.I was promised connection once my router
      turns up which should take no more than 10 days meaning 5 sep at the latest.

I understand i am supposed to have a letter from BT ,but have not yet recieved it ,can
      someone please explain to me more about this letter because i thing i still need to
      chat to BT.

I was told that the switch over process should only take a hour at most!

2. Advertisement
      Wheelie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stanmore LWSTAN
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Hi Skysurfer and welcome to the site

I just read your post twice and I have no idea what anyone on here could say to such a plethora of errors.

Lets hope that everything now goes the way it should and you are up and running very very soon.

Good luck mate.
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

If you would like to know the straight line distance to your exchange then
      click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

mrmojo is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      These things happen. Migrations are a complicated process.

It's quite easy for one of BTs systems to flag an error up, send that error to Easynet but for the error being a false alarm and the migration to go through anyway. That's what's appeared to have happened here, and with Sky dependant on BT to get the migration dates correct to arrange delivery of the routers on time, then it can be a bit of a nightmare if sky are told your date has been pushed back but BT to go and switch you over anyway.

Good luck getting it fixed, if I were you I'd ask them to get your router out extra fast.

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

SKY have let me down again. They have now lost my router and cannot explain where it is.
      Parceline who would have delivered have no record of it and SKY could only tell me when
      it should have been despatched.

I now have to wait until tomorrow when the provisions department have promised me
      a ringback to give me my new delivery date.I have asked them to send it next day
      delivery and i will pay for the extra cost but everyone must wait up to 10 days!

SKY have given me 25 compensation credit on my account for all the inconvienence caused!

fedup2 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Routers

Similar story to mine.

Sky or Parcel Force have lost 1st router sent - 2nd router sent out 29 August(requested to sent by courier and would pay) still not arrived.

Sky have told me various reasons for non delivery, routers out of stock, management are in talks with uni-part?? etc. etc.

I have now been without the internet for 12 days. Have now asked for my Mac Code so I can go back to BT. They will not advise over phone, will only send in a letter - could take up to 7 days.

Their Customer Service is unbelieveable I had been on the phone for as long as 1 hour only then to be cut off.

Would like to hear of any other people whose routers have not turned up>
      Last edited by fedup2; 04-09-06 at 05:09 PM. Reason: spelling mistakes

murdock is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks
      Just to get a bit of balance into this thread...
      I ordered Sky Max last Thursday. The Sky Router arrived first thing this morning by Parceline (NOT ParcelForce which is a different company) marked next day delivery. It took 2 working days to deliver, the promise was 5 days.
      Guys, I do know how frustrating your situation is. My frustration is with BT. The schedule day for line activation means it will have taken them 21 days to first cease the line, because BT Wholesale have a legal dispute with Euro1Net. They then have to reactivate my line! I agree about the Migration Nightmare. I have the router and still cannot connect to the Internet. It just sits there, stylish,shiny and bright with 3 lights on but no Internet light.
      I have this picture in my mind of BT Engineers running round in circles. First pulling out plugs. Then 11 days later going back and pushing them back in again.
      Last edited by murdock; 05-09-06 at 11:01 AM.

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Just when i thought it could not get any worse it has.Now i have been checking my
      line status with my NETGEAR router every day since i knew i was connected to SKY and now
      that is down and i dont have any DSL light which means even when my SKY router turns up
      i cannot connect to SKY.

So i rang SKY again ,firstly to get a update on my router and find out when i will get it
      and to find out why i had lost connection to them.The SKY advisor told me there was still
      a problem with the exchange!It looks like i have gone back to square one again.
      After speaking to over 60 people since i lost my BT
      broadband over 3 weeks ago i am getting nowhere.

Got to speak to a team leader and i hope that she with all the information i have given her
      will be able to give me some answers but that wont be until tomorrow .

Just seen on this forum SKY broadband down across the UK, that would
      explain a lot!

NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Blog Entries
      Just seen on this forum SKY broadband down across the UK, that would
      explain a lot!
      yep with no eta

you got the patience of a saint tho

~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Follow us on Twitter @skyuser

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I have now been updated by the SKY provision team who have confirmed there
      is a problem with their side which was not made clear previously so i cannot use the
      SKY broadband service at this time .They are looking
      at a way around it but have told me my order may have to be ceased.

edwinderry is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Heath Hayes
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Another migration nightmare...!

I have been with Zen for several years - very reliable cnnection & excellent service. Unfortunately, the offer from Sky was too tempting to refuse and I ordered it on 1/9. My router arrived only 2 days later.

Yesterday my ADSL connection went off. It's never happened before with Zen & seemed too much of a coincidence to be a fault.

My letter from Sky arrived today, telling me that my service with them would be on by 12/9.

I called Zen today about the fault, they have told me that BT Wholesale have 'ceased' my line and that there is nothing they can do about it - although they did their best & called me back several times to update me after their conversations with BT.

Zen have told me now that my only option to get reconnected quickly is if I can get Sky to bring ahead the connection to their system sooner.

After all the horror stories I have read about Sky broadband I think this is highly unlikely. It seems that I am destined for a wait - most people I have spoken to have waited longer than the planned date anyway - and some are still waiting.

I'm interested to know if anyone has any advice on who is really responsible for my connection not being available? I was told the switchover would mean a lack of connection of no more than 2 hours. My feeling is that BT Wholesale are ultimately responsible, and yet from what Zen have told me they are virtually untouchable - supposedly they will not even talk to the public....

Any help / advice or sharing of others experience will be gratefully received.

Ed.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast