Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Migration Nightmare

This is a discussion on Migration Nightmare within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Your service shouldn't have been ceased if you asked for a MAC. However, if you're on LLU with Zen then ...

OhNoes is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Sidcup (LSSID)
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Your service shouldn't have been ceased if you asked for a MAC. However, if you're on LLU with Zen then it would've had to be ceased in order to move. As far as I know, the only people who can put a adsl cease on your line are your ISP. If you've already got your user/login then plugin the router and wait until the 13th (+1 day as a 'buffer' time for delays). If it's not done on the 13th phone Sky and ask for a reason why; you may also be able to check the status on the BT landline order page.

2. Advertisement
      Skysurfer is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: poplar
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Yeah i cannot believe that SKY told me i was up and running and only needed their
      router to connect and then be told i cannot use the service BT have said there
      was no problem and i my order was completed on aug 16 (this also shows when i log into
      bt.com landline orders).Sky are vague in telling me where the actual problem lies.

To be honest i dont know who to believe anymore This could be another error on
      the provision side and maybe the truth is according to BT that the
      circuit im now on is faulty.In fact they gave my the circuit ID im now on and told me
      that because
      i had BT broadband and SKY broadband running at the same time for so long (16 aug-4 sep)
      that routing errors would occur which will have caused the circuit to close down.

If i went back to BT broadband i have lost the chance of a good deal given to me
      to remain a BT broadband customer.I was paying
      24.99 for 2 meg ,they offered me a 12 month contract on up to 8 meg for 12.99
      Now it will cost me 24.99 again

More than 70 phone calls and 40 hours and its not over yet!

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I have made several more phone calls since my last post in a attempt to speak
      to the provision team .My first attempt and they say still a issue with my activation and wont tell me what it is and was never activated .

My second attempt im activated but their is a issue!

Checked with BT wholesale and they told me
      there was no issue with my line and the order went ahead also on august 16.

Checked my SKY statement and found two activation dates 25 august and 5 th september.
      I can never get to speak to a manager on the provision team and the times i have
      been though to provisions they break their promises to ringback to update me on conflicts.

OFCOM advise me to send letter by registered post to SKY to outline all the
      problems i have had but cannot help me any further.

bvarsani is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Wembley
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Don't believe what provisioning say. They havent got a clue what is going on. I've come to the point of giving up. I don't care when i get connected now as long as it happens before I die. Is there much chnace of this? I'm 7 days late was supposed to be activated on the 5th.

I'm going to make sure I get some compensation out of this. Let the complaints begin!!!!

I know its not all Sky's fault but what the hell.
      Last edited by bvarsani; 12-09-06 at 06:33 PM.

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Today recieved E-Mail from BroadbandCustomerService@BSkyB.com.

Dear Mr ****

Thank you for your email.

Please accept my apologies for the delay in my response.
      I'm sorry that you have had so many problems with the broadband service.

After reviewing our systems, we have identified an issue that has delayed
      the delivery of your Sky Broadband Box.
      As soon as we found this bug, we fixed it and arranged for a new box to be
      sent to you the same address that you gave us when you ordered.
      This should be received within the next 5 - 7 days.

We want all our customers to get the best service possible and I'm sorry that
      this has not been the case. Should you require any further assistance please
      contact me on the email address above.

Regards
      Elaine Cameron
      Customer Relations

Just sent another E-Mail and asked how can i use broadband
      box if my account shows a issue which means i cannot use the service.

Its possible that SKY have tried twice to cease and re-provide without
      any success.This would explain 25th august/5th september activation dates
      on my SKY statement.

My router still showing no dsl light / broadband line status down.

skywalkerluke is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

onemoretime

I have read some of your info with interest and thanks for phone numbers and contacts given.

My problem is never had broadband lying finding out who is lying. Ordered broadband got router on 30th Aug. Looked at bt due to activate 29th aug. No activation. loads of time backwards forwards excuses. Argue with sky, bt and easynet when informed by bt not their problem looks as if I have supplier already argue havent just bt dial up. Back to sky say problem on bt line tier parr problem. Back to bt no, sky set up order wrong ring easynet(sky) refer back to technical. Finally rang OFCOM they check line say Sky fault not bt if fault on line they know number and if they have a complaint with bt they are quick enough to phone ofcom. email sky inform them will check. Today sky say emails not working so cant see my reply including ofcoms. What do you do what is the lying for? what is the real problem does anyone know as it seems to be sky. Will give 2 days and get back to OFCOM as still no success. I think thay read this forum so lets see

NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Blog Entries
      I think thay read this forum so lets see
      Ofcom or Sky read this forum? Definitely Sky :-)

hope you get it sorted soon, don't like to see upset people

~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Follow us on Twitter @skyuser

tony in huddersfield Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:

Thumbs down wow

you guys r really having some crap put your way
      ive been on ntl for 6 years ,and i can not fault them
      each year i ring up to cancell my connection ,only to be offered the next 3 months free ,

The_Ree is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      I also had a bit of a migration nightmare; it took 3 activation dates for me to get set up. As far as Sky are concerned it was all BT's fault for taking on too much work and not having enough engineers.

Anyway, glad I waited, I've gone from 1 Mbps BB to 5 Mbps BB. Everything was an absolute doddle to set up and to get running. Xbox Live connected with no issues what so ever. So far so good.

I would recommend that if you are having problems getting activated to hang in there and be patient, it'll be worth it in the end.

Wheelie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stanmore LWSTAN
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Thats good news its nice to see it all turn out ok in the end.

@tony
      As long you are satisfied then good luck, what you do need to remember is there are a lot of people who are unable to get cable and probably just as many on long lines and quite a few on really long lines and the only way they will ever get higher speeds is via LLU.
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

If you would like to know the straight line distance to your exchange then
      click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast