Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Now its Faulty Ports at BT- Help Im going mad.

This is a discussion on Now its Faulty Ports at BT- Help Im going mad. within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; After nearly 5 months of waiting and TIE PAIRS bluff, Tier 3 has just realised after running a tone test ...

Suffering Sam is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 952
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Now its Faulty Ports at BT- Help Im going mad.

After nearly 5 months of waiting and TIE PAIRS bluff, Tier 3 has just realised after running a tone test that faulty ports at BT exchange as the reason I still cant yet get Broadband !

How much more pathetic this can get, I am absolutley gobsmacked and at a loss of enough swear words.

Anyone can beat this ?

2. Advertisement
      agentwalker is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Now its Faulty Ports at BT- Help Im going mad.

can't beat you on the length of time but at least you've managed to get through to T3 support and got some answer . I've been trying to get some answers for 2 weeks now and all i've got is "we'll contact you within 5 days", "we'll get back within 24hrs", "we've escalated your call to emergency status", and finally, "I promise you'll get a call this evening".

So far i've not had one single call back from sky every time i've had to call them and every time the people i''ve spoke to have come back saying there's no information on the ticket detailing your problem so I have to go through explaining everything again.

Emails have resulted in the same thing, but at least i've got a record of the conversations but there's still no noticeable movement just they'll get someone to contact me.

hairy_homer is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: hove
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

after pulling my hair out for nerly 2 weeks about instable conections and really poor speeds it turns ou that i have had a fault on my bt line since the 11th (that i'm aware of) and so far it still isnt fixed. hopefully bt will finally get it right this time.

NoXioUs is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Bolton LOC
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Best advice i can give if ur waiting for a call back is tell the gimp on tier 1 that u will cancel everything with sky if u dont get a call back within the hour. And tell them u want to speak to a manager who will put u thru to tier 3. Thats how i got them to call me back. got a good chap who helped me sort out that bt hadnt relinquised my line.
      hope this helps.

agentwalker is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

tried the manager trick and the first one put the phone down on me after insisting I speak to him. The next time they claimed he wasn't in the office and they would pass the notes onto him for an amediate call back , i'm still waiting as of yesterday morning for this call back.

going to give them till 2 then go straight to CS and try and get some months free as compo for this. got better things to be doing than waiting on hold for 115 - 20 mins every time chasing them up. I've even recommended a friend onto Sky BB, might tell him to cancel before he gets it installed now.