Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Back in the Mire.............

This is a discussion on Back in the Mire............. within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; From September connection date through to late November, I suffered frequent disconnections, continually contacting SKY to no effect, then without ...

bravedan is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Littlehampton (SDLTTLH)
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Back in the Mire.............

From September connection date through to late November, I suffered frequent disconnections, continually contacting SKY to no effect, then without any changes or action this end it gradually over a couple of weeks improved to the point where when I returned home it might well actually be still running and not requiring three or four server reboots every evening to maintain a connection.

During December it was pretty good, sitting at a good rate, and rarely going down. I began to feel it may have settled down...............BUT.......

In the last two weeks ALL the issues have come back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's even dropping while in use now, whereas it only seemed to drop before while it was left idle.

Tuesday night I lost count of the number of times the connection dropped (as far as a SKY TEST connection, the router connection status was reporting OK all through).

If it's supposed to regulate it's speed to keep hold of a connection, it's certainly not working........it's trying to run around 5.5 Mbts regardless....and crashing........and it's NOT the router, or if it is, it's two of them!!!!

The PC to Router connection (wired) runs 100%.

This pretty much is the end.....I have NO expectation that it'll EVER be fixed....and am seemingly forced to suffer this rubbish while waiting out the contract period..........

And all this for a mere 17 p m on Connect.............
      My Bus speed is 26 mph, what's yours??

2. Advertisement
      Wheelie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stanmore LWSTAN
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Back in the Mire.............

Sorry to see the problems have returned even worse than before, only thing I can think of is if you have another router available then go look in the tech forum for advice.
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

If you would like to know the straight line distance to your exchange then
      click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

Rick042 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Lytham
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Back in the Mire.............

No help I'm afraid, but it sounds like I am having similar issues to you!

Last week, all was fine and then from the weekend, it fell about with it's legs in the air. Constant dropping of the connection, and awful download speeds compared to the connection speed.