Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Continuing Problems

This is a discussion on Continuing Problems within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Originally Posted by Rick042 Something you might be able to clear up - having read other posts etc., I used ...

Saturday is offline Sky User Super Mod
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: Continuing Problems

Quote Originally Posted by Rick042 View Post
      Something you might be able to clear up - having read other posts etc., I used the TCPOptimizer - but someone else suggested this should only be used on the MID/MAX packages. Will it have done any harm?
      No harm to your connection at all as all TCPOptimizer directly affects is the PC. Of course if you use the tool incorrectly then it can/will compromise your PC's ability to send and receive large amounts of data at high speed.

Tools which change the router's operating parameters however are a different matter. These should be used with extreme caution with the Connect service.

2. Advertisement
      Rick042 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Lytham
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Only did what was recommended - same with the router settings.

SKY have tried to ring me at home this morning - said they would mail me again. Not arrived as yet.

Live in hope.

I left everything switched on this morning, with Mosswell's Bounce Sky Router running - it looks like it has been up for 3hrs 20 - connected at 1024kbps - speedtest still only 120k

Rick042 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Lytham
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Ok one and all!

BT have now rewired my Phone line - it was shorting outside my house causing an awful lot of cracking! I now have wonderful clear line. And to a point an improvement - I have seen the fastest connection speed ever - just over 7M (which from memory is higher than was suggested).

But, and there also tends to be a but! Whilst my connection is sat at a very healthy speed, the download rate continues to defy the connection - giving me a mammoth 129K (last test).

I've written to SKY, so await with interest.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12