Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Bulldog to Sky??

This is a discussion on Bulldog to Sky?? within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hey mate how is your "migration" going? BT mucked up my Return to donor so now it aint being done ...

madman11 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LSNOR
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Bulldog to Sky??

Hey mate how is your "migration" going?

BT mucked up my Return to donor so now it aint being done till the 30th.

Say i put my order for Sky in on the same day i get connected to BT, how long do you think the order will take? I am in London if it helps..

2. Advertisement
      Pete is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Laindon,Essex
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max 14714 kbps
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

Sorry folks havnt been here for a while.

I rang bulldog and rang bulldog again (customer service is crap) so I tried bt, they told me that I could go back to a bt line at anytime, so I got them to take control of the line after 30 days (16 feb).

Then I called bulldog and told them that bt were taking the line back on that date and to cancel my contract, which they said was fine, however they would not send a conformation email to state this, anyway bt had allready said that they would also contact bulldog.

They must have done this because I then got a letter in the post from bulldog saying that another company was going to take the line and that if I had not requested this to let them know. (I havnt contacted bulldog).

Meanwhile I have also spoken to sky they say that you need a bt line before ordering skybroadband, and that it would take 10-15 days to connect. So as it stands now I will no longer be dealing with bulldog and bt wll take the line on the 16 feb at 8am I will therefor be odering skybraodband at 8:05am and crossing my fingers that they connect me asap...hope this helped

Pete

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Hi all. I have been without internet since last tuesday, when my line was transfered to BT. Posting from Dial up.

I went ahead and ordered SkyMAX the day after (31/01/07) and the guy said i should be connected by the end of this week at around 15.5mb.

Anyways, i have not recieved any letters yet so i hope something comes tommorow. 56k is tedious...dying without internet here!

Alan b is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Unlimited
      Sky TV: 2 x Sky+ HD
      Thanks

When I migrated from BT mine line was activated without either the letter telling me the date when it was going to happen or more importantly the router turning up. As soon as I got home fromn work I was on the phone to Sky and the bloke was emailing someone about my missing router as I was speaking to him. Everything turned up two days later despite him saying it could be anything up to three weeks.

If I was you I would phone them up to give them a nudge - 0800 051 2595.

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

hey guys. Got a letter on monday saying my activation date is the 9th this week yay!

today, i got another letter with my password and user(is this for the broadband or sky login area?)

Also the router was supposed to come today but i wasn't in so hopefully tomorrow i will have it. Hope i can get activated early, im dying without internet!

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

well my activation date was yesterday(9th) and it has passed now and still no sign of sky broadband. I have not been activated .... still on dial up.

The BT order tracker showed that i was supposed to go active on the 9th as well..its down right now so i cant check.

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

ok the bt order tracker is back up..it said the llu line share(something along those lines) was completed yesterday. My router internet light doesnt come on and it just says connecting in the config panel. No sync speed nothing.

Called up sky they said it should be a-ok sometime before midnight.

please tell me things are ok

Zade is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Eastbourne
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Hi,

I am in the process of transfering from bulldog to sky, had my bt line transferred back on fri 2nd feb (so lost my broadband since then), then called up sky on sun 4th feb and requested the max package was told it would take 10-15 days to activate my line. He said the router would take up to 5 working days to come and i should plug it in and see if my line has already been activated when i receive it.

Received a letter on tues 6th feb telling me that my activation date would be 14/02/07(was happy with that), the router was tried to be delivered on the tues also so i had that redelivered the next day.

Wednesday, received a letter telling me that bt had informed sky that there is a technical issue and to add 7 days to my activation date. DOH!! anyway the router came on weds so that was very quick.

Have checked on the bt order tracker and as of yet there is no order in place for an LLU line of any sort, does this mean sky has not contacted bt?(even though they say bt informed them of a tech issue) Or have bt simply not put the order in because of the tech issue?

going mad without broadband!! all my battlefield 2 chums are gonna race ahead of me on points!!

Pete is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Laindon,Essex
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max 14714 kbps
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

Wahooo...gotcha

just spent an hour on the phone with sky techies and all seems to be ok. I had been given an activation date of 2 march but i never recieved a letter with username and password so i called them tonite hence the hour long call...they seem to know there stuff once you get through to the right people..all i need to do now is hook up the nintendo wii with the wifi feature and get some speed tests on the go.... i was told to expect around 13.8meg early findings say between 6 and 10ish.... anyone else connecting their wii? or testing their speeds? any info would be great... may need to start a new thread

seems this quite a popular one to start of with. Many thanks to everyone who gave advice, youre all wicked

Pete

Dingy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01423
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Talking Re: Bulldog to Sky?? Success story

Thought I'd put up a success story for those moving from Bulldog to Sky Max.

I had Bulldog 8mb + phone combo costing about 40 a month with calls about 13.

A friend had a voucher for a free sky+ box and free installation - wey hey, time to move.

Ordered Sky+ (couldn't order Broadband cos no BT line) got that installed about 4 days later.
      Asked BT for a Return to Donor (no need for MAC code) and went for option 1 (cos i intended to get sky anytime) - also had no problem keeping the same number.

You get a letter from Bulldog saying it's gonna be cancelled (both BB and phone).

Got my BT line and later that day checked to see if my number was in their Database (sky says wait 5 days) - it was! So ordered Sky Max broadband and Anytime - now here's a funny thing - their speed checker said my line was only capable of 0.5mb !!! Phoned BT their check said 1mb! Hmm odd since I'd been getting a steady 6.6mb with Bulldog...

Thought what the hell they must be wrong as I'd check Line attenuation and it was around 23db, noise about 13db and I'm about 0.8km from the exchange.

Got their modem and 7 days later Broadband was up and running (their activation date was correct).

Good job I'd been reading this forum cos I noticed my Downstream was capped at 8096kbs - upstream was 700+ - hmmm figured I must be on ADSL2 cos of the upstream.

Phoned sky and the Tier 1 chap tested my line and was insistent that my line was capable of only 0.5mb!! This inspite of the fact my modem was showing 8mb and speedtest 6.9mb ! He kept saying it would loose connection soon - tried to make out I didn't understand what he was saying (god help us all).

LOL here we go... Kept my cool and like you chaps say - go higher - I asked to speak to a Tier 3 chap and 1st thing he said was 'woow nice quality line you got there!' He didn't know why it had been capped and in a second my modem stats were showing 15.5mb!

So I get free calls, Sky+ and nearly twice as fast BB for the same dosh.

The End - wey heeey
      Last edited by Dingy; 24-04-08 at 10:03 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast