Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Typical turnaround time for Install

This is a discussion on Typical turnaround time for Install within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Ok i finally bit the bullet on getting my Sky installed and come saturday the mans coming round to install ...

House is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: BT -> Sky
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Typical turnaround time for Install

Ok i finally bit the bullet on getting my Sky installed and come saturday the mans coming round to install my HD box, I already have my viewing card but its not active yet.
      Once im up and running i can order Sky BB (couldn't do the whole thing at once cause im in a flat and can't order online for installation reasons), whats the typical turn around?

I'll be migrating from BT to the Max package a mate at work got his installing in a new build house in under a week (same exchange) but as BT are involved im expecting pain...

so What sort of ETA can i expect...

Also who delivers the router? there will be no-one home when they do so i need to know how im gonna get hold of it.

Oh and Hi btw..

2. Advertisement
      sc0tsman is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: livingston
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Typical turnaround time for Install

You can actually call up now and order your SKY BB as for install of BB install dates vary from 10-14 days but as it is easy to self install this route would be quicker

Psycho is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: EMGDDLI
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Hi House.

Welcome

This question is a bit like the how long is a bit of string question.

It depends on so many factors really mate, however taking a rough average of what people have reported on here you could have you broadband operational anything between 1 to 4 weeks.

The router delivery is dependant on whether or not you take up the free installation offer, if you do then the engineer (sic) will bring the router with him. We use the term "installation" very loosely as all that is involved is making 2 plugin connections & making sure the filters are fitted.

If you want to guarantee that the router arrives on time then go for the free installation, if not then you will get a card dropped through your door by the courier saying they tried to deliver & giving details of where you can collect it.

Hope it all goes well for you

*EDIT* - Nearly forgot. Don't be fooled into thinking you need the CD that comes with the router. It does have Norton on there but don't install it, it's bad news.

Koala5 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Dunstable
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I ordered self install which is easy peasy, day 5 router arrived day 12 I was connected and on line.