Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

dial up speed on max grrr!

This is a discussion on dial up speed on max grrr! within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; hey guys, i spoke to tech support yesterday, and for some unknown reason they were unable to talk to T3, ...

funky is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: chesham
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: dial up speed on max grrr!

hey guys, i spoke to tech support yesterday, and for some unknown reason they were unable to talk to T3, but what they did tell me was they were having to upgrade about 2500 lines for the same reason were getting problems, ( according to the managers @ tech support ). He also assured me this would be completed by tuesday the 30th of Jan, so i will get back to you then with an update, hopefully it will be a good resolution.

good luck to all

2. Advertisement
      mrtuft is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Chesham
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Thanks for the update on the Chesham exchange...here's hoping the 30 January is a good day! Have just got off the phone to Tier 3 (5th time) & they say they are running out of tests, as the exchange is showing no problems & the BT Health check on the line as shown up no problems. They have gone through the TCP Optimizer as well as tweaking the connection speeds, yet am still getting less than 20kbps download speeds. Tested my laptop at a friends house who has a 2mbps service & it achieved pretty much maximum speeds, so definitely not my laptop! Once they have exhausted checks with BT, if there is still no joy, then i'm outta here & Sky can stick it. Will also be claiming my money back for the several hours I have spent on their 0870 number!

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

ok people, just off the phone again, to tech and a lovely girl called Nicola told me that they are still regrading the lines and once this has happened, I, (WE) will receive a letter from sky with instructions on how to proceed,

basically we have to reset the modem using teh wee inverted switch near the power in on the back of the modem, hold for 10 seconds and release, then power on the pc as normal,

if this does not work there is a code that will be on the letter that will enable us to skip the usual BB tech supp and go stright through to an advisor for the next step in resolution, which she says they already know what to do, however she never elborated on that.

so this regrading should be completed by friday this week

so we will wait and see.

i presume your all still in the same sinking boat im in.

fingers x'd

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Thanks for the update & for the PM. Yup, still in the same boat as yourself. Tier 3 had allegedly exhausted all of the tests available to them, so they passed me back to Tier 2 who deal with BT directly (apparently).

Tier 2 kindly phoned me yesterday morning, silly time to call me as I work office hours, but thankfully I was in. He ran some line tests (same as Tier 3 did), which all passed with no improvements to my speed. He told me that it would have to go back up to Tier 3 again. Talk about yo-yo-ing!

Received another call today, but wasn't at home to pick it up. Hoping they'll call back again later or tomorrow, so we'll see. Apparently they have made some changes to the connection & need to talk me through some (more) changes I need to make from my end, so I wait with baited breath.

Am still wondering if the Router is at fault, but no offer from Sky for a replacement as yet. Am just hoping they keep plugging away until they find a fix.....just bloody frustrating in the meantime. It does make feel a bit better knowing that i'm not the only one!

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mrtuft View Post
      It does make feel a bit better knowing that i'm not the only one!
      misery loves company, lol

thx for update though

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Tried that number you gave me (a couple of times), but it kept cutting me off before I could speak with someone. Nevermind, Sky will be getting a copy of my phonebill once all this has been sorted & they can reimburse me for all the 0870 calls I have had to make, including another 90 minutes last night.

Got passed from pillar to post last night on the phone & gave up after being put on hold for 40 minutes without anyone coming back to me. Phoned up again & told the girl that I was not prepared to be put on hold again & that either I be put straight through or someone can call me back for a change.

Eventually they put one of the managers on the phone who was the first sensible person I have spoken to so far. He apologised profusely & promised me he would make some calls today & call me back with an update. He was appalled by the amount of notes on my file, yet nothing had been sorted.

He made no reference to Chesham inparticular, but did say that Sky were still struggling to get all of the exchanges unbundled (50% so far) after taking on the Easynet network, so I am presuming/hoping that Chesham is still a work in progress.

Again, will keep you updated once the guy phones me back!

Keep on trucking!

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

hey guys,
      Got a call this evening from sky, and the woman was asking questions about my setup, eg, am i hardwired or wireless, can i access my router admin, do i have a microfilter, etc etc, anyway, she told me that the engineers were working on it and it should be resolved in 5 days,

GREAT, i thought, more delays.....

however, i plugged my sky BB in about 5 mins ago and am getting stable connection and downstream of 8202, and its all good, up is fine at 768 as it always was, so im hoping you guys have been fixed too, if not, post me and i will ask them what the did..

all the best

Paul

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Hey Good News!

Same for me as well actually. I spoke to one of the managers again last Thursday & he apologised for it being a week since he had spoken to me last.

Again he said that engineers were on to it & they had an idea what the problem was, in that they believed that my line wasn't capable of the ADSL2 connection they had given me & that they were going to try changing it to ADSL/G.DMT to see if that helped.

Lo and behold, 2 days later I switched on my laptop wirelessly & was gobsmacked to get just under 8mg download speeds....huzzah! Sky called this evening to confirm that my connection was now stable & all was well with them having switched my connection as described above.

Simple as that! Shame it took over 3 weeks of arguing to get there. Funnily enough on that Thursday I enquired about cancelling the contract I was so *****ed off. Good job they said no!

10 per month, 8mg unlimited downloads......can't be bad!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12