Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Discussion on Tie Pairs

This is a discussion on Discussion on Tie Pairs within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Thanks Adder, Only 5 weeks to wait then if i am lucky enough to be up and running in 7 ...

BAUX is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Discussion on Tie Pairs

Thanks Adder, Only 5 weeks to wait then if i am lucky enough to be up and running in 7 weeks!!!! I am intersted to know how i can get through to Tier 4?

I feel like im missing an arm with no BB!!!!

2. Advertisement
      Adder is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Never got through to tier4 m8, Only ever had a couple of chats with tier3 and after that it was always with tier1 or 2 for updates. Occasionally I went mental and screamed for a manger who just told me the same things that tier1/2 did.

All I can say is keep ringing them every 3 days or so asking for updates on your repair ticket number. If it is tie pairs they will eventually give you a date and then it's ten days or less from that day till they repair it.

Make sure you ask for compensation for the time your offline. I got a few months off TV and BB.

If you do decide to stick it out it's well worth the wait...Unless it goes wrong again lol.... <------Famous last words?

All the best
      Adder

Cookie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Low Moor (MYLOW)
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

After having talked with T1/2/3 for 7 weeks, I wrote an email to the James Murdoch addy and the problem was sorted out within a week! However, I think I was lucky in that they had alternative DSLAM/Card/Ports that were working so that they could quickly swap me over - this may not be same in your case!

I suspect you will have to wait a few weeks before they will do anything tho'.

I will try and get round to posting my tale of woe (but ultimately successful) in the Sky Happiness/Unhappiness thread tonight.

Kbramman is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Dulwich
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Mine was meant to go live on the 5 January, after waiting the 3 days I was then told it was the Tie pairs issue...

Fired off an email to James Murdoch, and it went live before the end of Jan.

Not bad, but was a bit miffed that the guy at Sky told me there was no way of knowing when or even if I would get my connection!!

russ_edge is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Lock Heath
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Hi,

Can someone tell me what the email address for James Murdoch is and what i should be putting. I have the same issue with Tie Pairs (i was supposed to be going live on the 18/01) and Sky cant tell me when the work will be done. I did manage to speak to someone in BT Wholesale who told be all Sky have to do is phone them to get a date....

BanzaiRun is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Brentwood
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Angry View Post
      BanzaiRun - what did you ask them to do / what did they offer to do for you ?

Have I understood you correctly - did they "pretend" you weren't a customer and just re-set you up as a new one - ie to a working but unused port ?

Must be worth asking for if it works - just need the techie phrasing
      1. I was v. patient with them, I've always found a "gritted teeth" smile works best in the long run. They do note all the calls you make to them, so as the list lenghthens I suspect you may rise up the queue. They offered nothing. Should check my bills, but at a tenner a month I'm not overly worried. Effort/reward and all that.

2. One T1 girl implied that my order had been/needed to be cancelled and reapply, but that was bunkem, it hadn't/needed to be. (Great English huh?)

3. He who doesn't ask, doesn't get.

GL

Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Well pleased to report 26 hours after sending the J M email i am connected........

Wuhey...

Well almost, they seem to have done a quick fix and put me on a reduced service!! Better than nothing but now the struggle to get what i am paying for starts!

Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Well pleased to report 26 hours after sending the J M email i am connected........

Wuhey...

Well almost, they seem to have done a quick fix and put me on a reduced service!! Better than nothing but now the struggle to get what i am paying for starts!

hobgoblin46 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Hampton
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Does anyone know whether it is physically possible to have 2 sets of ties connected to your line (obviously in error) - so that for example you could be connected to both the Pipex LLU DSLAM and the Sky LLU DSLAM at the same time? Just trying to understand a little more about the problems I've experienced and how my router received a Pipex IP address even though Openreach were certain I was connected to Sky. I'm supposedly ceased now so it'll be interesting to see whether my router gets any IP address if I test it tonight.

MrStabby is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

It can and does happen. If the previous service wasn't ceased properly and a provide comes along from Sky, the BT engineer may/does jumper both sets of ties in series. This means that you'll either sync up with Sky or your old ISP, which ever is jumpered closest to the bar-pair.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast