Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Discussion on Tie Pairs

This is a discussion on Discussion on Tie Pairs within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; You dont Banzai ! I have been waitng nearly 5 months for this. Tie pairs the issue still....

Suffering Sam is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 952
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Discussion on Tie Pairs

You dont Banzai ! I have been waitng nearly 5 months for this. Tie pairs the issue still.

2. Advertisement
      BanzaiRun is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Brentwood
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

OMG. They actually phoned me. I have a new activation date in 4 days time.

We'll see.....

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Thumbs up Re: Discussion on Tie Pairs

You lucky s*d. Congrats and keep us posted on how it goes!

BanzaiRun is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Brentwood
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Woke up this morning to see the green light solid!!!!!

Fired the PC up before I went to work and connecting at 8.8M

Hoorah and huzzah.

Sam, when the chap at Sky left a phone message wrt re-activation date, he said I was at "T4" and would DEFINITELY be connected within 2 days from the date given.

T3's for suckers get yourself up to T4

GL !

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Thanks Banzai for the tip. Will bother them tomorow. Glad for you though !
      Im still waiting and dreaming tie pairs !

Mr Angry is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Putney, London
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BanzaiRun View Post
      Woke up this morning to see the green light solid!!!!!

Fired the PC up before I went to work and connecting at 8.8M

Hoorah and huzzah.

Sam, when the chap at Sky left a phone message wrt re-activation date, he said I was at "T4" and would DEFINITELY be connected within 2 days from the date given.

T3's for suckers get yourself up to T4

GL !
      BanzaiRun - what did you ask them to do / what did they offer to do for you ?

Have I understood you correctly - did they "pretend" you weren't a customer and just re-set you up as a new one - ie to a working but unused port ?

Must be worth asking for if it works - just need the techie phrasing

Cookie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Low Moor (MYLOW)
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Angry View Post
      BanzaiRun - what did you ask them to do / what did they offer to do for you ?

Have I understood you correctly - did they "pretend" you weren't a customer and just re-set you up as a new one - ie to a working but unused port ?

Must be worth asking for if it works - just need the techie phrasing
      As it happens, I had the old tie pair problem and had 8 weeks of phone calls to T1, T2 & T3, with no movement at all on the resolution. I wrote to the James Murdoch email address on 30/1 and next day got a call from Customer Services who said it had been passed to someone (T4?) asking them to see if I could be swapped to an unused port! No-one had suggested this before. Someone phoned me back later that day to say that they were now dealing with it and should be activated on 7 Feb. From the sound of it, I wondered whether he worked on the Business broadband side of things @ Easynet?

Anyway, to cut a long story short, the broadband was up and running when I got home last night. Later on, I got a phone call from Sky (T4) asking if everything was ok! I also noticed they have refunded me 2 months charges (I am Mid) + connection fee + phone charges - result!!!!

Might be worth writing to Customer Services/James Murdoch to see if you can be "swopped".

Mr Angry is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Putney, London
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Sounds like we're on the same page (almost) - I wrote the murdoch e-mail on the 26th and have have been discussing with a very nice lady at customer service over the last week or so. They've escalated the problem - perhaps to the mythical T4 ?

No date yet for a resolution - feedback to date is that they seem unsure if there is any working kit in my exchange to transfer me to. I'm now fairly sanguine about whether I will ever again surf the web at home but at least I can have a sensible conversation with someone at sky who does genuinely seem to care.

The main issue going forward is whether she can actually drive a solution in a timely fashion. If not, they have given me a mac code so I can move elsewhere and hopefully they will take account of how things seem to have broken down and put in some kind of proceedure for anyone else with similar problems (it shouldn't really come down to having to e-mail their chief exec).

BAUX is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Angry Re: Discussion on Tie Pairs

I have stupidly recently signed up to the SBB Max package. (activation date 25/1/07) Still not connected.

After numerous phone calls 30 + Minutes a time I have found I have the old "Tie Pairs" chestnut!!

Could anyone who has had this problem please shed some light on how long it actually took for the engin... cowboys to resolve this problem.

I am wondering if it is worth sacking them off and moving to Be. It seems to be a common fault, not that the tier 3 bloke indicated that. He told me there were 14 of us out of 250,000 new connections!!!!! Hmmm somehow I donít believe him.

Does anyone have any tips on how to push sky along, watchdog? I cant use a 3G card for much longer!!!!!!!

Adder is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Just over 7 weeks for me to get 'tie pairs' repaired (If that actually was the fault)..... Had BB working for two months then phone line went dead, millions of phone calls and arguments then ,after 7 weeks all was fixed. Now getting more speed than before and very stable.

Before speed was 4 meg.
      Now getting 9 meg

There are others like suffering Sam who have been waiting for what must seem to him like a lifetime so I think I was lucky.

When it works, It works great..When it dies, it dies big time.
      Are you're prepared to wait and make umpteen phone calls and never get a definate date of repair? Cos that's what happens.

Adder

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast