Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Not Been Billed Since Joining Last Year - Quick Question

This is a discussion on Not Been Billed Since Joining Last Year - Quick Question within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hello, I migrated onto SKY BB Connect in November from Nildram. Infact Nildram have only just stopped trying to bill ...

Helpmeplease is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: BT Broadband Option 1 (not for much longer)
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Unhappy Not Been Billed Since Joining Last Year - Quick Question

Hello,

I migrated onto SKY BB Connect in November from Nildram. Infact Nildram have only just stopped trying to bill me , after I needed to tell them for the second time that they no longer provide my service.

Anyway, Sky haven't billed me for my Broadband service at all. Their Accounts Dept have said 'Can you logon to the Portal?'. To which I have replied 'No' it says 'You do have permission to use this service'.

Sky Accounts then inform me that this is also the reason I haven't been billed, as they have got a small number of users on Sky BB which BT hasn't informed Sky that they are now supplying, therefore Sky's system has not updated correctly.

Sky Accounts have told me that they will be writing to me in the future to inform me once this issue has been resolved and they will inform me how much they will be taking (back dated) via Direct Debit. Once they have done this, the portal issue will also automatically resolve it's self. So if you have a similar issue to me, you might want to check your bill from Sky. You may be receiving a shock in the post over the next month or so, when Sky calculates what you own them as backdated payment.

I'm wondering as I write this, whether the Nildram issue and Sky are related. Therefore this issue might be cleared up next month.

My supply is definitely Sky BB as the Sky router is plugged in and working.
      Bit worried as I've heard horror stories of 'Ceases' being put on people's lines when Sky haven't managed to sync their systems.

Has anyone else heard about this story. Maybe this is also one for the Portal message board.

Helpmeplease.

2. Advertisement
      NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Re: Not Been Billed Since Joining Last Year - Quick Question

Sky Accounts have told me that they will be writing to me in the future to inform me once this issue has been resolved and they will inform me how much they will be taking (back dated) via Direct Debit. Once they have done this, the portal issue will also automatically resolve it's self. So if you have a similar issue to me, you might want to check your bill from Sky. You may be receiving a shock in the post over the next month or so, when Sky calculates what you own them as backdated payment.
      afaik - If it is a billing error companies have to come to an arrangement to collect any errored payments, they also have to give you 10 days notice, before they can take the revised Direct Debit payment.

If and when they write to tell you, ring them and tell them to split it over 3 or 4 months, rather than lose all that money at one time. They have to agree, as it is not your fault.

Other companies would write this off as a gesture of goodwill. Only time will tell

Good luck

~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Follow us on Twitter @skyuser

Wheelie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stanmore LWSTAN
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Yes thats correct I am in the same boat and I have been with them since the start of Sept.

Seems if the BT system doesn't inform SkyBB that the migration is complete the system doesn't know even if your active and they have no way of manually fixing it yet.
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

If you would like to know the straight line distance to your exchange then
      click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

Exchange:
      Thanks

One good piece of news, they haven't kicked us off yet... (hopefully I'm not speaking too soon).

Nildram posted a credit note to me, this morning. So maybe this issue might get cleared up within the next week or so.

Wheelie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stanmore LWSTAN
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

No and they will not I know because they tried to do that to me last year after I quired it with them.

They said they would have to do a cease and re provide to fix it and after a few phone calls to various department I finally got hold of someone who managed to get the process stopped.

I did post a news story on this here
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

If you would like to know the straight line distance to your exchange then
      click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

Koala5 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Dunstable
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Yep I'm in the same boat, Sky didn't seem concerned when I told them they are not billing me!! Mmmm 8mb for free cool! dont suppose it will last though!

edwardw is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: MYDEW
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Same rthing here! Will have a look at the bill though!
      Connected @ 13mbit on SkyMAX

Exchange:
      Thanks

Cannot believe it.

Tried the Sky Portal just for that urge to read 'You do not have permission to access this service'...

To my complete suprise the dam thing logged on. For the first time, since being with Sky in the beginning of November, I can actually logon.

I guess then a letter will be in the post in the next day or so, asking for back dated payment. It's a bit of a relieve.

Me wonders, if the problem was fixed by complaining to Nildram that I was still being billed up until Feb (even though migrated in November). Nildram said they would contact their Accounts Payable team and sort it out. Maybe that has trigged BT to contact Sky and therefore Sky has realised.

Who knows, but I bet something like that has happened.
      Last edited by Helpmeplease; 25-01-07 at 09:02 PM.

Sky TV:
      Thanks

Well BLOW MY SOCKS OFF jump in the air and shout YIPPIE!!!!!! I can get in first time ever!!!!!!!!! Right I'm off to play!!!!!!! Isn't it exciting!!!!!Bye.!!!!!!!

Sky TV:
      Thanks

Mmmmmmmm all that waiting and it all looks a bit boring!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast