Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tie Pairs Have Landed !

This is a discussion on Tie Pairs Have Landed ! within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Yes thanks. I still think it is a big con by Sky to fob off people to cover up their ...

Suffering Sam is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 952
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Tie Pairs Have Landed !

Yes thanks. I still think it is a big con by Sky to fob off people to cover up their ineptitude. Newsreader Says it is only BT who install tie pairs. Where's then the question of them being Faulty? If it is SKy who order them and give to BT to install, surely they would know what quality / or correct tie pairs to order !

Most importantly, No other ISP in the whole of UK give Tie pairs as a technical problem at the exchange or an excuse. You may check any forum for all the ISP's. Not even one has given this as an excuse.

Something about this excuse by SKy is not right at all ! Even the technical staff dont have a clue as to what it is (or looks like) or who is supposed to sort it out between BT/SKy/Easynet.

Tie pair excuse stinks big time.

2. Advertisement
      MrStabby is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Suffering Sam View Post
      No other ISP in the whole of UK give Tie pairs as a technical problem at the exchange or an excuse. You may check any forum for all the ISP's. Not even one has given this as an excuse.

Something about this excuse by SKy is not right at all ! Even the technical staff dont have a clue as to what it is (or looks like) or who is supposed to sort it out between BT/SKy/Easynet.
      Almost no other UK ISP has such a massive LLU rollout as Sky/Easynet does, hence the Ties problem.

I'm a tech person and I know *exactly* what ties are, look like, work and how to deal with them.

Mr Angry is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Putney, London
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Mr Stabby - no chance I suppose that you could get a job with Sky ?

It would help the rest of us out if they at least had one person who does know what a tie pair is !

Exchange:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Angry View Post
      Mr Stabby - no chance I suppose that you could get a job with Sky ?
      I already do

Suffering Sam is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 952
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Stabby,

Do you work for SKy or do you know what tie pairs are ? If you work for them, then surely you know that "asking" BT to fix tie pairs is a 10 day cycle . Even replacing them or repairing them falls in the same cycle. And question of faulty ones doesnt arise, since its only BT who do it for SKy/Easynet.

So how does Sky justify 5 months delay and use the same excuse, even after they have been "fixed" and "repaired" ?

I still feel theres a lot of bull here to fob off customers !

And if you dont work for them, maybe theres a job for you waiting to be their "tie pairs" consultant. BIG demand for that then!

Exchange:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Do you work for SKy or do you know what tie pairs are ?
      Both
      If you work for them, then surely you know that "asking" BT to fix tie pairs is a 10 day cycle . Even replacing them or repairing them falls in the same cycle. And question of faulty ones doesnt arise, since its only BT who do it for SKy/Easynet.
      Moving a line to new ties is around a 10 day process, repairing faulty ties has no fixed time. Sky/Easynet send new tie details to BT who can then move a line, only a Sky/Easynet engineer can repair faulty ties. A tie pair shift is usually done on single-customer faults as it's cheaper than sending an engineer out to an exchange.
      So how does Sky justify 5 months delay and use the same excuse, even after they have been "fixed" and "repaired" ?
      Maybe it's not the ties that are faulty. Have you had working ADSL on the line before?

Zebra is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LSTHO
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

5 months is a very long time for suffering Sam to wait just to fix or connect a pair of wires .
      Imagine if a car was in a garage for 5 months waiting for a part
      I had the tie pair excuse for over 3 months, my personal view is that I think Easynet/Sky wait for multiple tie pair faults at a particular exchange before they commit an engineer to that exchange to repair the tie pair faults or Sky/Easynet wait for enough orders for a particular exchange before enabling it .

Cookie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Low Moor (MYLOW)
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MrStabby View Post
      Moving a line to new ties is around a 10 day process, repairing faulty ties has no fixed time. Sky/Easynet send new tie details to BT who can then move a line, only a Sky/Easynet engineer can repair faulty ties. A tie pair shift is usually done on single-customer faults as it's cheaper than sending an engineer out to an exchange.
      So.... excuse my ignorance, but if you have faulty tie pairs does this have to be repaired/fixed first or can you be shifted to a new set at any time?

Cookie
      8 weeks without BB and counting!

Mr Angry is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Putney, London
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Cookie - don't hold your breath

Sounds to me like the only way forward is to insist on a tie pair shift rather than a repair if one has a definitive timescale for completion with BT and the other only happens if and when sky can be arsed. I supsect that's what BanzaiRun managed to get done (on the tie pair discussion thread) although he described it as a re-activation.

Having said that - for my part I've simply had enough - having established on Friday from the last Tier 3 guy I spoke to that his colleagues has been telling me porkies for the last 2 months and that my exchange is "listed for an audit" and that frankly I'd be better off changing ISP if I want a broadband connection anythime soon - I'll be terminating the contract on the grounds of their breach (already had the legal advice) and going elsewhere.

Ricey155 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Exhall, Coventry - CMEXH
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Stabby,

Do you work for SKy or do you know what tie pairs are ? If you work for them, then surely you know that "asking" BT to fix tie pairs is a 10 day cycle . Even replacing them or repairing them falls in the same cycle. And question of faulty ones doesnt arise, since its only BT who do it for SKy/Easynet.

I still feel theres a lot of bull here to fob off customers !

And if you dont work for them, maybe theres a job for you waiting to be their "tie pairs" consultant. BIG demand for that then!
      i once got told that BT didnt do sky's repairs "until i mentioned easynet then he told me he did the work so BT are as useful as SKY"

i was told id never get connected lol Tie Peirs " my new line is LLU i wait for the verdict again

rubbish
      sky broadband just gets better new 23rd Feb 2011

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12