Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Sky Broadband/Telnet connection issues

This is a discussion on Sky Broadband/Telnet connection issues within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; I have had Sky broadband installed for 3 weeks now but still no internet signal has come down my line. ...

Mark Illingworth is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: rugby
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Unhappy Sky Broadband/Telnet connection issues

I have had Sky broadband installed for 3 weeks now but still no internet signal has come down my line. After about 20 phone calls (some of which I was put on hold for 20 minutes) i have reached level 3 technical support.Since I have got to level 3 support I have heard nothing from Sky. I have investigated the issue using BT wholesale and they say the line is fine. It looks like the equipment that was put into the exchange by telnet is faulty but no on has any idea when this issue will be rectified and I have no idea who to talk too to resolve this issue. Anybody had similar problems and found out how to rectify this?

2. Advertisement
      penrhyn is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Long Eaton
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD 1TB Box
      Thanks

Re: Sky Broadband/Telnet connection issues

The usual was of encouraging them is an e-mail to james.murdoch@bskyb.com.

It took 3 months to sort my connection out which was to do a Tie pair shift to a port on the DSLAM that was working.

By the by it is not Telnet, the company is called Telent, its what was left after the now defunct Marconi was sold off to Ericsson. The headquarters is not far from you at New Century Park , Coventry.
      Last edited by penrhyn; 10-01-07 at 04:48 PM.

Wheelie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stanmore LWSTAN
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Welcome to the site Mark

Sorry to say but if SkyBB and BTW are bouncing this between them there is little hope of it being sorted quickly so as penrhyn has suggested an email to the address posted could well provide the answer.

Good luck.
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

If you would like to know the straight line distance to your exchange then
      click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

Mark Illingworth is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: rugby
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Thanks for the quick reply above!

Its strange because when I speak to BT wholesale they say everything is Ok. They check the exchange and say there is no problem. When I speak to SKY the say there is a connectivity issue at the exchange. Not sure who to believe. Will send an email to above though! I'm beginning to think though that technical support is a waste of time and just a money making scheme because its pretty clear that they can't really help but they still go through the process of passing through the levels of support etc.

Mark

Wheelie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stanmore LWSTAN
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Its six of one (SkyBB) and Ten dozen of the other if you ask me.

I wouldn't believe BT in a month of Sundays since they broke my phone and lost everything for 5 days when moving me to SkyBB and they tried to blame Sky for it, then had the cheek to try and bill me 55 for a call out fee to fix there mess.

Good luck and I hope you get it sorted sooner rather than later.
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

If you would like to know the straight line distance to your exchange then
      click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

penrhyn is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Long Eaton
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD 1TB Box
      Thanks

Make sure you use the freehone number Mark, it will save a few pennies:

0800 051 2595

PS keep a note of your out of pocket expenses so you can claim them back from customer services.