Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Still waiting to be migrated from BT BB

This is a discussion on Still waiting to be migrated from BT BB within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi Folks, Hope somebody can help. I was mean't to be migrated from BT Broadband on the 29/12/06, got the ...

cmcmill01 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Chislehurst
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Unhappy Still waiting to be migrated from BT BB

Hi Folks,
      Hope somebody can help.
      I was mean't to be migrated from BT Broadband on the 29/12/06, got the router and the letter. Have now contacted both BT and Sky. Sky say that the line has been migrated, problem is I am still using my BT Broadband as it is still active and the Sky router does not connect. BT say that they are not supply BB any more and when I go to the BT landline order tracking website I get this info (see attached).

Sky have now passed me to the tier 3 tech support and said to wait for 5 days. Not great.
      With the normal tech support I got the Sky test button on router to work! What does that actually check for?

Also Sky had the cheek to send me a bill with the broadband cost for the rest of tis month and next mouths bill.

So the question is what is the best way to deal with this tier 3 tech support?
      Also should I just keep quite and hopefully get free BB as it looks like neither company know that they are supply me with BB? Although saying that Sky think everything is fine.

Any tips would be much appreciated, as by the looks of this forum if things don't work well at the beginning it takes a while to sort out.
      Thanks
      cmcmill
      Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Still waiting to be migrated from BT BB-bt.jpg  

2. Advertisement
      Wheelie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stanmore LWSTAN
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Still waiting to be migrated from BT BB

Welcome to the site cmcmill

Sorry to say but looking at that order it would seem you have fallen foul of SkyBB putting a cease on your LLU and I am guessing BT have told them there has been a problem.

Do you have any other open orders showing on the checker?
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

If you would like to know the straight line distance to your exchange then
      click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

The attached is for the order place on the 18th and carried out on the 29th. The one I post first was for the 30th December.
      Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Still waiting to be migrated from BT BB-bt1.jpg  

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Do you have a CEASE BT IPSTREAM MAX on there?

As I said above it looks like they have put a Cease on the order but you will have to talk to SkyBB to find out why.
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Cheers for the help Ray.
      This is the first one on the landline tracking website dated 27 November.
      Must of been the date I placed the order?
      Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Still waiting to be migrated from BT BB-bt2.jpg  

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Yes that would be it really sorry and I hope you manage to get it all sorted out.

Good luck
      Ray

click here

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Cheers so do I.
      My downstream Line attenuation was 13db so hopefully when I get it up and running I should get good speeds.

agentwalker is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

hi mate, i'm in exactly the saem boat as you, was due to be migrated last friday however it appears they havn't actually done the work at the exchange. as i'm still on the ipstream product and connected to Nilldram.

currently waiting for a T3 call back now so I can get them to check with BT/openreach about if the works been done and when there going to have another go.

anyone have any current experience with the T3 callback as all i'e been told is 5 days. Anyone had them call back quicker than this ?

hgaule is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Blackburn
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Something similar happened to me. I was supposed to be migrated but I was still connected to my old ISP. When phoning sky they said my migration was complete but my old ISP was still functioning and charging me. After a month of calls T3 finally got onto BT and the line sucessfully migrated. (never had a call back it just decided to work one day)

You just have to keep on at them explaining that your old ISP is still functioning and the sky box doesn't work.

agentwalker is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

right that sounds promissing then, anything you can remember that you said to T3 that seems to make them jump into action with BT ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast